You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Thursday, September 1st 2005, 1:31pm

Author: PinkFloyd

Old Hardie valve--which Irritrol for internals?

It ended up saving me quite a bit more than just the cost of having the valve replaced. One of the local sprinkler guys told me that, if they had to cut the line to replace that valve, the city would now require them to add an anti-backflow device to the main sprinkler line at an additional cost of almost $400. Muchas gracias to all who helped.[8D]

Tuesday, August 30th 2005, 7:13pm

RidgeRun05- I followed Wet_Boots advice and I found that very same site (Kelly's Lawn & Irrigation Supply in Ft. Worth) via a Google search. I ordered a diaphram plus a selenoid for the Hardie on Monday late afternoon. I had it in hand by lunch the next day (wow, that was fast!). The new diaphram went in this evening and it did the trick. Didn't need the selenoid, but I'll keep it handy just in case (since I know that at least two of my other 6 valves are the same Hardie model). Thanks to everyo...

Monday, August 29th 2005, 3:27am

Thanks Wet_Boots. Under the circumstances, is the best option an effort to try to get the parts or just go ahead and replace the whole valve? Where would be a good place to look for the parts? If I have to replace it, any good hints on techniques to get that old one out and a new one in? I've never had to do that before.

Sunday, August 28th 2005, 7:31pm

<font color="maroon">Well, we don't have any sprinkler supply houses around here that I know of, just Lowe's and Home Depot and they're pretty much useless for something like this. I'm figuring on having to order it on-line from Spinkler Warehouse, but I first want to be sure that I'm ordering the right thing.</font id="maroon">

Sunday, August 28th 2005, 3:03pm

This is my first post, but I've been getting some good info about this problem by doing some searches on these forums. Thanks. I have an old Hardie valve that needs repair. It won't shut off completely. With it still on the line, I took it apart and found that the insides were looking a bit worn, especially the diaphram. I cleaned it, put it back together, and it still lets a strong trickle through. I'd rather try to fix it in place. I'll try to attach a picture so that those of you who know a w...