You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Friday, September 16th 2005, 10:44am

Author: grph

#4 valve

Wet Boots--I used your last advice and went back outside and unscrewed the solenoid. I used a flag to probe the opening and low and behold the green screen (RainBird) came off in my hand. I almost had a heart attack. Inside the screen was a plastic gear looking disc with 3 small holes. I blew them out and put it back together and fitted it back in the solenoid and screwed it back into the body and it worked. #4 valve is working like it is supposed to. Thank you very much for your assistance. I h...

Friday, September 16th 2005, 10:20am

#4 valve

Are you saying that the opening on the bottom of the solenoid needs to be probed or are you talking about the area where the 1" slip pipe is connected to the housing? I hate to sound so dumb but I'm a newbe to sprinklers.

Friday, September 16th 2005, 10:09am

#4 valve

Wet Boots--Ilooked at the interior of the body.I used a piece of wire on the inner ring and it was clear. In fact, I left the diahram and top offand turned on the pump. I had a good flow of water. I noticed the solenoid for #4 was a little louder than the others. I don't know if that is the problem, because I switched solenoids and they all worked. I've ran out of ideas to check. Maybe someone can help me out in this situation. Thanks

Friday, September 16th 2005, 9:52am

#4 valve

Wet Boots--- I checked the valve for clogging. The inner area of the housing was completely clear. In fact, I left the diaphram and top off and turned on the pump. I had plenty of water being pumped up to the valve housing. I did notice the solenoid for #4 valve made more noise than the other soleniods. I don't know if this is a problem because I switched solenoids and the one for #4 worked on other valves. I don't know what the problem is. Maybe someone can make a suggestion that I haven't trie...

Friday, September 16th 2005, 4:29am

Zone not comming on

I have the same problelm as dalspclw1. I just installed 4 zones in my back yard. # 4 zone does not work properly. It will not come on but when I open the bleeder valve it will operate. I know this is not the correct procedure. I have switched solenoids from the other 3 and #4 will not work. I have switched diaphrams and tops and it won't work. I have checked the wiring and it checks out OK. I have checked all openings for clogging and everything is clean. I have good water flow from the pump (I ...

Wednesday, September 7th 2005, 10:40am

reduced pressure

I'm in the process of installing 1" pipe to feed my sprinklers. I've Teed off to various heads and once I get to the end of the line and connect the last sprinkler I intend to use a 1" coupling reduced to 1/2" and fit funny pipe connections to it. Will this continue to maintain the pressure or should I put a 90 degree fitting and use funny pipe? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Monday, September 5th 2005, 3:08pm

Help in designing a system

I also live in SC. I pump from a lake with the pump located on the seawall. I had installed unions on both sides of the pump and electrical is cord and plug connected. When it begins to get cool I unscrew the unions, unplug the plug and take the pump inside for the winter. Make sure any above ground piping is clear of water.

Wednesday, August 31st 2005, 3:56am

2 timers used with pump

I'm in the process of designing and installing a system in the front yard and the back yard. I live on a lake and will pump from there using a 2 hp pump. During construction of house I pulled 7/c control wires from the garage to the potential site of the timer in the rear of the house. I now determine that I don't have enough control wires to furnish entire system. Pulling additional control wires to the garage is impossible. What I plan to do is to install a timer for the front yard and a time...