You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 37.

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:46am

Author: Jazzer K

Zone won't come on unless bleeder valve is opened

first try to take the body screws out and see if the is some dirt or plactic inside the valve. Clean if there is- if not just buy a new one I could send you a new one if needed. I use all kind of 1 and 1-1/2" hunter and r-birds. Let me know!

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:43am

Quick connect hose-to-sprinker-system

john deere has quick couplers that work excepitionally well for winterization or you can power or run a garden hose off of that. They come in 3/4" or 1" sizes.

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:40am

Gosh Awful Squeal

size up the pipe it will slow down the flow and make less psi-

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:38am

Ployethylene Reaming Device

Blazing saddles are the way to go. No more white dawn 2 nut saddles. Blaze it UP !!

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:29am

OOOPS! I messed up

start with new nozzle - will slide right in.

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:23am

Tunnel Under Driveway

orbit makes a do-it-yourself water tuneling kit that has a jet nozzle that you put on a piece of pvc and hook up a garden hose. It may take a while but could save a few hundred bucks.

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:19am

Polypipe vs. PVC

poly is better- easier to work with and doesnt crack- I install some systems with all poly- just because it is easier to handle. Poly flows the same as pvc because the inside diameters compare the same.

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:16am

Best pvc cutters?

kwik cut for Poly and sawsall for pvc-with 20 or higher tpi blades for cleaner cut.

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:14am

Fixing Cracked PVC Under Concrete

have someone with a directional boring machine drill in a new pipe or run a new 5/8" line inside of the old 3/4 in. That will definatly drop pressure though. It depends on how much flow and pressure you need.

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:11am

How to find a leak

another way that might help you is to add some food coloring to the mainline if you can get to it, then just look for colored water!

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:04am

Hunter Wireless Rain Clik Sensor Help

It is just 300ft. -not line of sight. It will work through garage walls. I have installed over 20 wireless sensors, and they all work great . I wouldnrt use any thing else.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:45pm

100 psi versus 160 psi poly pipe

I would go with the 100psi. if it never gets close to that pressure, but if you think you might someday put on a pump then deffinatly go bigger to handle that pressure.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:43pm

Type of Sprinkler recommendation?

You will want it at a minimum of 10" just to be sure of freeze and thaw, and if you aerate you dont want to hit one of the lines.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:41pm

another reason not to do it is that your yard sprinklers have to be spaced evenly and perfectly, if they arent you will have green spots where they overlap and you will have brown spots if it gets windy and uneven.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:38pm

you could either go with Hunter pro sprays from 4" to 12" or hunter micro -sprays that only spray 4"- 18". I would not use drip if you like to transplant though, because you will be cutting that drip every time you put a shovel in the ground.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:34pm

1 in piping to 3/4 in main????????

just to be safe and if you have the money I would throw on a 2 hp pump which will get you up to 120 psi and that will do what ever you want it to if you go with 2" main. You could run 15 30ft rotors easy.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:31pm

1 in piping to 3/4 in main????????

You normally want the main to be same size or bigger to have that constant flow from 1 1/2 " main to 1" feeders to keep the pressure when floe restrictions are a factor, which they always are. I say no.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:27pm

crazy controller

I would go with a new controller just because of all of the new technology, you cannot go wrong. So much nicer and easier to program and adjust later. Hunter Pro-C is my recomendation.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:25pm

2 timers used with pump

What you need to do is install a pressure switch that is adjustable so when the pressure drops when that zone kicks on the pump will kick on to boost the pressure.

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:22pm

Controller replacement

go with a pro-c from hunter- there are wiring direction on the internet. I only install those and the home owners love them.