You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 42.

Friday, November 30th 2007, 9:19am

Author: Fertigation Guru

What works to mist/overhead water?

Most of the fertigation devices will work with the overhead watering system you describe. However, because you already have a large tank I would recommend a device that does not require a pressure vessel. In particular, the Fertigator, Dosematic, Dose-a-tron, Turf Feeding Systems, just to name a few. All of these devices utilize a siphon hose to draw solutions from a tank/drum/bucket. They all should be fine with the Worm tea. However, if you are going to use a product that has more organic soli...

Friday, June 29th 2007, 5:29am

ROOT ROT

I posted my reply, I hope it was helpful.

Wednesday, June 27th 2007, 3:00pm

SPRAY CLOGGING

The “white stringy slime” you are seeing is actually the secretion from a sulfur feeding bacterium. The sulfur in your fertilizer is providing sustenance for the bacterium which is producing the slime. Unfortunately sulfur is necessary in fertilizer to counteract the alkalinity of salts. However, I am not sure of the exact sulfur content in Fertigators fertilizers, but their has to be some. If you discontinued the use of the Fertigator for an extended period of time, the problem would disappear ...

Monday, June 25th 2007, 2:58pm

ROOT ROT

some know a ton! Some have been there a few weeks and act like they know a ton... I have had bad expiriences with Lesco's counterpart, John Deere Landscapes...

Monday, June 18th 2007, 6:37pm

ROOT ROT

keep in mind, the guy at lesco, although he probably knows his stuff, does not have to pay for your damaged plants...

Monday, June 18th 2007, 6:32pm

fertigation 39k sq ft

8.6 is highly alkaline. You are just out of the desired range for St Augstine grass. The range is quite broad, 5.0 to 8.5, however it is not good to be on the extreme ends of this spectrum. I suggest you add some gypsum and humic's to your soil to increase the acidity. Keep adding lime until your reach the 6.5 to 7.0 range. Currently your soil is preventing your grass from absorbing the nutrients from the fertilizer. Once you increase the acidity you should see a dramatic increase in the overall...

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 8:36am

fertigation 39k sq ft

It also will not produce the same results. My feeling is that you migh be over-watering. Do you have sandy soil?

Friday, June 8th 2007, 11:09am

ROOT ROT

I do apologize, I should not have used the word cured, wrong terminology...the fungicides stop the spread of the fungus and/or prevent it. It will not cure your damaged roots. Follow the instructions that came with your fungicide. Usually they recommend one application every two to four weeks. Once you feel the fungus is contained (usually about 4 weeks to be safe) you can begin fertilizing again. Any plant material that is unaffected by the fungus can be fertilized normally. Be sure to water yo...

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 10:49am

ROOT ROT

Sounds like you are on the right path...but do not give up on the fertigator just yet. Once your fungus is cured and you are sure you ph is in balance give it another shot.

Tuesday, June 5th 2007, 10:40am

backflow testing

Tom- I did not intend to imply that it is impossible to test a PVB. I merely wanted to point out that water districts do not require PVB's to be tested like the RP's. While it is a good idea to test your PVB periodically, it is not required. Sorry for the confusion.

Monday, June 4th 2007, 10:50am

Help me identify my sprinkler head

Depends...not familiar with the brand but their are universal replacements out there. Either way should be a cheap and easy job.

Monday, June 4th 2007, 10:41am

backflow testing

Big difference in testing costs...a PVB does not need to be tested. That is why a PVB is used whenever possible. With uphill situations like yours, the RPZ is unavoidable.

Monday, June 4th 2007, 10:39am

backflow preventer for uphill zone

RPZ is definitely the way to go on this one. You do have to have them inspected annually, but it would be the simplest option for your situation.

Monday, June 4th 2007, 10:32am

ROOT ROT

I forgot to mention...do not water at night or do not over water! These are the leading causes of fungus and are easily remedied. If this is what created your problem simply changing your watering will not fix the problem. You will need to use a fungicide. The new watering schedule will prevent the fungus from retuning.

Monday, June 4th 2007, 10:30am

ROOT ROT

Its is the Fertigator fault...but any fertigation system would have given you the same problem. The reason being you are fertilizing a fungus, something you never want to do. The fungus feeds on the nitrogen in the plants and will also feed on the nitrogen in the fertilizer. By continually fertilizing, you are feeding the fungus. It is similar to pouring gasoline on a fire. Discontinue using your Fertigator until you have rid your landscape of the fungus. It must be completely gone otherwise you...

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 1:43pm

Fertigation and weed control

Avoid all weed control products that contain fertilizers. The fertilizers in these products are designed to release slowly with several watering cycles. If you have a fertigation system injecting/proportioning fertilizer into your irrigation water, the result can be severe burning of your landscape. Fertile Earth, Fertigator, and EZ FLO all recommend using bio stimulants/organic supplements regularly with your fertigation system. Fertile earth and Fertigator have these already blended into their...

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 1:28pm

EZ FLo Fertilization System - How it works...

To be the best a product only has to be superior in a majority of ways. Fertigators precise metering is their only strong point, they get beat by their competitors in just about every other area. I do not think anyone is comparing ez flo or fertigator to a $30k computer controlled injector. I will say once again, for the cost, durability and flexibility, ez flo is the best option. The "spike" referred to by the administrator is common among many fertigation systems. I am confident that he was n...

Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 5:52am

Looking for installer Chicago for Fertilizer inst

All of the fertigation systems are fairly simple to install. The most difficult part is installing the proper backflow prevention. Some areas require a plumber to do the installation and some do not. Check with your local wholesale irrigation suppliers and they should be able to recommend a few different irrigation contractors. I am not sure who will be in your area but you can start with John Deere Landscapes which is different from the tractor division.

Wednesday, May 9th 2007, 2:36pm

EZ FLo Fertilization System - How it works...

Considering you are able to use any fertilizer with the system and not a proprietary blend, it will be cheaper. In addition, concentrated granular fertilizer is more potent than liquid fertilizer so you are getting more for your money on each refill. A 10 gallon ezflo filled with water soluble granular is roughly equal to 175 gallons of liquid fertilizer based on standard solubility ratios. The tank is more expensive, but it is capable of delivering more products. I have been using the turf plus...

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 9:48am

Does it really control rodents?

EZ FLO has an outstanding critter control that can be applied with or without there system. I know fertigators Mojo works well to but I am not sure if it can be applied without their system.