You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

Monday, October 31st 2005, 10:23am

Author: jcruce13

Wind factor

I wouldn't worry too much about wind unless you live on the coast or an area that has wind over 10mph daily or frequently. If you did then go with low angle nozzles to keep the spray close to the ground....

Thursday, October 20th 2005, 7:04am

Disc For Toro 340 MultiStream

Use the link below for the manual to the Toro 340 MultiStream to help you out. http://216.213.143.2/ProAuthor/ManProc.cfm?&sk=ED570B6C%2D4180%2D11DA%2D9196%2D00D0B789305D&&&ProcID=10680&ManualID=326&openMenu=10680 Thanks -John

Friday, October 14th 2005, 7:14pm

Help with design.

ssgumby, Im not sure if that is the best method. I would check to see what pump you have and whats its rated. I would also check with the company that put in the well to find out how much you can pump out of it during a time period. I think I remember when the guy put in our well he said that we hit an underground spring or something and we had a very highflow rate. but he also mentioned something about if you draw more than this per day or hour the well could go dry... so you might want to chec...

Friday, October 14th 2005, 5:59am

Instead of Toro

jdangelo, I dont think you can go wrong with either the Hunter PGP or the Rainbird 5004 rotors... I dont have much experience with valves but have used the Orbit (from homedepot valves) and the RainBird Valves... The orbits are trash and start getting stuck open after a year of being installed. The Rainbird hasn't let me down yet. If you are doing the system your self I would recommend a manual shutoff before the valve to make swapping out a valve for that paticular zone easier without having to...

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 11:40am

Hunter PGJ or Spray Heads

Thanks Tom... I'll go with Sprays...

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 6:55am

Rainbird vs. Toro

I prefer the Rainbird 5004 Rotors or the Hunter PGP's... I like the RainBirds because my local home improvment store carries the nozzles for them... Its good for me because I keep misplacing the nozzles.... Im not a professional just someone who works religiously on his lawn to make sure it looks as beautiful as he can make it... Thanks -John []

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 11:12pm

How to find a leak

I just went through this one and had the same problem... So what I did was not fill the hole back in, made sure the water was of and let it sit overnight, and then had my wife turn on the system while looked down in the hole to see which direction the water was coming from then I just dug toward it and found the hole... Also helps to turn the water off before digging and allow the ground to dry overnight Thanks -John

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 11:04pm

WHich one??

When I got my house I had 3 types of Impact sprinklers in my yard... They were the following Impact sprinkers SuperJet RainBird Toro The SuperJet performed as good as the Rainbirds and had good even coverage. The Toro's refused to cover the same spot twice with the same amount of water. It didn't matter how I adjusted them it just wasn't possible plus if a blade of grass even touched the sprinkler it would just hang up and stop. Thus a nice big brown spot. I replaced them with SuperJets cause I ...

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:54pm

schedule 40 pvc tap

dewayn, I would just dig and do it right... I have found the shortcutting saves time now but will always cause more problems later and you will have to fix it at the worst possible time. My advice cut the line and put in a proper T on it... In this case you will only dig once... Thanks -John

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:48pm

Hunter I20 Heads (are my calculations correct?)

I think you are ok... I assume you are using city water for your sprinkler system and not a pump right? If you are using a pump then you might want to make sure that each zone has the capability to let out a little less than your pump will put out. If you are using city water then you dont have to worry about that... But my rule of thumb for my system is that I start at the beginning of the zone by installing smaller nozzles and gradually get bigger as the zone moves away from the start of the z...

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:39pm

planning a new landscape area

I have to second Tom on not putting a drip system on a zone. This is coming from my personal experience. I'll try to give you an idea as to the problems I ran into early on when I mixed a drip system and rotor/impact sprinklers. Lawn required waterings at different times depending on season and the amount of rainfall. The drip system required different waterings based on the plants. The problems I had... I drowned my wifes flowers and my lawn looked great or my lawn looked bad and the flowers lo...

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:31pm

I appreciate the reply... Im not that worried about the newness of the product because Hunter has a good name and makes a good rotor... But with that being said would like to know if anyone has used them yet and what they thought after a few months or just a few weeks of operation... I totally like the idea of a mini rotor in place of the sprays... I have a few sprays in my yard now and its been difficult to eliminate overspray on my sidewalk and driveway... I can't allow this new zone to be spr...

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 10:48am

I have been reading on this forum for the past two days and haven't found a really good comparison between the Hunter PGJ and a typical spray head for smaller confined spaces. My problem is that I am redoing my sprinkler system in my back yard. The reason for the change is that we recently had a fence installed around my backyard which in order to not spray my fence I need to do a complete overhaul of my sprinkler system. Special Caveats for my lawn is that the road actually goes around my house...