You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Monday, March 6th 2006, 5:19am

Author: spensito

all zones DOA

Yikes. THANKS for the detailed advice, really. Bottom line, everything is running now. Not sure exactly why, but I did have to reprime the pump, double check my skipper switch settings, and open up and inspect and slightly clean the "distributor" valve. Thanks again! Mike

Friday, February 17th 2006, 6:01am

How do I reprime my lawn irrigation system?

found an item on alt.home.repair: There should be a plug in the top of the pump housing. You need to remove the plug and simply fill the pump and piping full of water. Replace the plug and start the pump. Sometimes you might have to do this a time or two, but usually it will catch a prime right away. feel free to add to above - I'm going to try this today or tomorrow (NO RAIN in FL in the WINTER!! well, not much anyway) but thanks for prior and future help! Mike

Friday, February 17th 2006, 4:38am

How do I reprime my lawn irrigation system?

The pump comes on, water gurles, hissing from the sprinkler heads, but no water comes out - sounds like i need to prime? I'm in Florida. I have an intermatic timer with a skipper, and the object that looks like a 4-legged spider is about a foot off the ground. I was thinking of taking the top off that anyway cuz I've been seeing intermittent problems changing zones. Do I put water in there, or where? Thanks

Friday, February 17th 2006, 2:36am

all zones DOA

maybe i'm confusing the terms. simply put, this is a lawn irrigation system, and usually when i flip the switch down (to manually turn on the watering) i hear the pump come on. but not yesterday.

Thursday, February 16th 2006, 6:59am

all zones DOA

i should add that the pump DOES NOT come on - just a "clack" at the controller.

Thursday, February 16th 2006, 6:52am

all zones DOA

I have an intermatic R8806P101C with skipper. nothing comes on in either automatic or manual. What should I be checking first? (the timing wheel does advance normally, so there's power to the "clock"). Thanks Mike

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 5:14am

did I mess up the "zone order"?

Hi all. BRAND NEW to sprinkler systems. But knew just enough to sequence thru the 4 zones manually to check out head operation. Is there such a thing as "this zone must go first"? That is, if you manually switch zones with the selector switch, do you have to make sure you leave it where it left off after the last automatic watering? Since I messed with it, I've had 1) the same zone get selected over and over on automatic 2) the same zone selected as both first AND fourth, skipping a zone. I have...