You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 138.

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 8:31pm

Author: lush96

Hunter I20 SS Won't Pop Up

i-20's are not that good a head. the 5 year warranty is the only good point. stick with the pgp's. much much more reliable head.

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 7:16pm

How to replace a Febco 765-1

your around nyc wet. im on the island. maybe we should meet and discuss sprinklers furthur.

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 7:08pm

Irritrol valve solenoids

sprinklerguy is still bent on trying to repair, rather than replace, the valve. idiot.

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 7:05pm

Irritrol valve solenoids

and tom, just to clarify....... my company has been in business for 35 years, i have been doing the trade for 16. thats it. if you read 25 years it was probably just a typo. also "tommy boy" companys that are in business for 35 years are doing the right thing. so we are not ignorant asshole. you wouldnt even be able to compete out here. so shut your mouth bitch.

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 6:57pm

Irritrol valve solenoids

yeah here is an idea, replace the valve before disassembling it as these jerks have led you to do. see guys, great advice. just buy the valve, DO NOT TAKE IT APART, and install it. i cant wait to share this one at work tomorrow. hahahahahahahahahahahaha. you guys LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell your mom ill pick her up at 800 tomorrow "wetty".

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 6:53pm

Question on Gallons Per Minute

dont be so scientific. this is lawn sprinklers, not rocket science. and by the way you can get more than 10 gpm out of a 3/4 supply. its not likely but ive done many a job where i have had more. 4-5 rotors a zone, 8-10 mists(half circle or less, if you are running full circle mists, cut it in half) and you wont have a problem.

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 6:46pm

spray nozzle radius

well if you want a brass nozzle that bad on a plastic pop-up, go ahead. should still use rotors in an area that size.

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 8:03pm

Moving a line of heads

im a worker bee too, thats why i cant outinstall you in speed, quality, and neatness.

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 8:01pm

Valve/ Solenoid Problem..PLEASE HELP

sure you can. (liar) you know as well as me that the newer parts arent always compatible with the older ones. so you are a liar. and my talents far exceed yours. ask your mom.

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 7:57pm

Irritrol valve solenoids

i doubt that he has more experience than me. but you seem to wanna take him on a date. good luck you two. let me know how it goes. i would work circles around any of you. trust me. lol. you guys are funny. you make such great laughs in the morning for us when i print these posts and let my guys read them.

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 7:51pm

system component selection advice

it is easier tom, but its not horrid advice. if you can keep from driving over them with your car(take driving lessons) the heads will be fine. although on the heads near a road or driveway it is a good idea to use a swing joint or funny pipe. but not throughout the entire lawn. (middle areas). i have never had a problem with heads or poly breaking from just the weight of a mower or people. but if a car drives over a head, chances are its gonna break no matter what! so its not horrid advice peri...

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 7:45pm

How to disable 5 sprinklers for new patio

just make sure you cap the line before it goes under where the patio is going to be. you do not want to have lines underneath the patio if it can be avoided. capped heads or lines under a patio could possibly leak in the future. also if you just cap the line with no heads on it at all, you run the risk of the line freezing over the winter because there will be no way to blow out the line. just make sure you have at least one head at the end of the line so you can blow it out. you should really c...

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 7:37pm

spray nozzle radius

man you people cant read. i said installing the head can be finiky, not the nozzle. i mean that they tend to stick more than a plastic one if it is installed a little to low. now a pro wouldnt have a problem with this, but a home owner may. but like i said, if your looking to throw 17-20 feet, use a rotor with a low angle nozzle.

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 7:32pm

getting soaked oninstallation of replacement heads

if you read my post jm, i did say that the i-20 has a 5 year warranty. but i dont believe that any spray heads do. 50 bucks for a spray seems a bit high unless it is a 6 inch or 12 inch pop up. 4 inch pop up sprays probably cost about 5 bucks a piece for a sprinkler company. so 50 bucks is some mark up.

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 7:26pm

Master valve recommendation

honestly tom, they dont frown on them here. they have always been used and no problems have occured. all the companys here install them. maybe its just a difference in location.

Monday, May 14th 2007, 8:59pm

water not shutting off

here we go again with the "gutting". replace the whole valve this way you wont wanna kick jm's butt when the valves goes bad 3 months down the road.

Monday, May 14th 2007, 8:55pm

Low Pressure , Maybe a Leak?

yes rerun the line from the supply to the manfold in question unless you can find a leak. if all the valves in the one manifold have low pressure, then the line to that manifold is bad. so rerun it.

Monday, May 14th 2007, 8:49pm

I'm new to sprinkler systems.

the company has been around for 35. i have been involved in it for 16. and im sorry sprinklerguy but i getted pissed off when i read all this wrong advice. so i feel the need to make people aware of lousy advice.

Monday, May 14th 2007, 8:45pm

Hunter PCP Sprinkler Heads

i thought pcp was "angel dust". i think its pgp.