You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Sunday, April 23rd 2006, 6:10am

Author: wetyet

Looking to buy controller for 12 zone system

Hunter Pro-C is great and the R/B ESP as well. If you think you will ever need more than the twelve zones, think about the Hunter ICC or Rainbird ESP's with more zone capacity.

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 4:41pm

Advice reworking bad system

Our county code for backflow protection here in Charlotte is an RPZ type, above ground, cover with the little "door" at the bottom. A licensed plumber pulls the permit and the city inspects from the cross connection to the backflow. Piping sch. 40, 12" deep and 5' copper legs incoming and outgoing of backflow. WHEW!!!!! If I forgot something please don't fine me

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 4:10pm

rainbird dv valves

The Rainbird DV also has the little screen at the solenoid bottom. Used to love Irritrol valves for pump systems 'cause they seem to pass sediment well without sticking.Getting sold more and more on the DV lately. Pretty solid valve all the way around. I'm repairing a lot of Irritrol valves ( screw and twist on bonnet) as they are leaking a little around the bonnet,(top).

Monday, April 10th 2006, 2:31pm

Richdel 205s valve problems

I agree, if you replace the diaphram and solenoid you should be fine. As you take the old diaphram out look into the valve body for debri. You may need to flush the valve before reassembling.

Friday, April 7th 2006, 4:01pm

Adding a 2nd controller to a pump system

Thank you sir for the response. I'm not familiar with much of the golf course type pump systems technology.. I get conflicting answers from my suppliers and nothing concrete. Have a good friend that worked on irrigation on golf courses for many years and I will call him tonight. Sounds like it might be as cost effective to pull the wire I need. It's a ****uva distance. I just need to put real options into the hands of the homeowner. Thanks again for your response.

Thursday, April 6th 2006, 4:16pm

Adding a 2nd controller to a pump system

The setup is this, The pump, pump start relay, and existing controller are all next to the water source, a pond. It is a 10 acre piece of land that has all been irrigated except for behind the homeowners house. App. 4 rotor zones and a drip zone are needed. The house and the pond are on opposite ends of the property, quite a distance. I can get the water I need from the closest valve manifold located in the front yard of the house. Whoever installed it ran 2 ea. 13 strand, 18 guage multi-strand ...