You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 12:23pm

Author: TimR

Advice reworking bad system

Yes, meter is outside, in a pit near the street. Getting good elevation shouldn't be a problem, so looks like a PVB will work. In reading through info on PVBs, everything mentions that they only protect against backsiphonage and that they are not acceptable protection against backpressure. Do I need to be concerned about this? Or is this not an issue since I don't have any kind of booster pumps in my system and everything downstream is at a lower elevation?

Sunday, April 16th 2006, 6:17am

Yard slopes up from the street to the front of the house and then down from the front of the house to the backyard (basement is walkout in the back). So for the backflow preventer to be higher than all of the heads it will need to be installed roughly in the area where the front hose bibb is. Seems like this would be a good location anyway since it's up against the house and in a flower bed so it wouldn't be in the way. So I either connect at the meter and run the new pipe up to the house and t...

Saturday, April 15th 2006, 12:11pm

Considering this issue some more this morning, I realized the flaw in my thinking ... Increasing the pipe diameter by replacing the 1/2" CPVC with something larger is only going to increase my flow rate, not the pressure (correct?). Does 20 psi seem reasonable for my house pressure? Is there a simple way to determine the street water pressure? Can the county tell me? My neighborhood had a sprinkler system installed in one of the common areas just last year. I was looking it over to see how it w...

Friday, April 14th 2006, 7:12pm

I’m looking for some advice on how to improve a sprinkler system that I inherited from the previous home owner. This is the order of how the system is setup: Water main enters the house through the floor of the basement. Ball Valve (for cutting off water to house). Pressure reducing valve. House plumbing transitions to 3/4" CPVC. Tee transitions to 1/2" CPVC. 1/2" CPVC attaches to front hose bibb on outside of house. Hose bibb vacuum breaker. (Everything above this was from the original house c...