You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Sunday, February 19th 2006, 12:25pm

Author: Naja02

Nelson Valves....???

Hi Wet Boots, I fully understand what You are saying and You are Correct. I believe that this sytem will need 10 psi or more for inflow--and that is why I was asking about the Nelsons. They offer 5 psi which keeps me a little further away from the "Manufacturer's Claim". Meaning that if it needs 10, 12, or 15 psi then I am further away from the minimum claim of 5 psi than with the Hunters--10 psi minimum. I realize that Hunter is a quality product in this biz, but I was looking to hedge my bet w...

Friday, February 17th 2006, 10:04pm

Nelson Valves....???

I appreciate Your input here, but You are not telling me WHY Sprinkler Components will not work.... I realize that there are better and much more Expensive ways of doing this, but that never was the question... Experiment #2 in my last post on the other thread shows the amount of upstream pressure NEEDED=Gravity. And Scolley's drainage setup would probably supply a little bit more pressure than my experiment--all the better. For the InFlow back into the tank--plenty of pressure is supplied by th...

Thursday, February 16th 2006, 1:15pm

Nelson Valves....???

I'm not sure that I understand: The household Pressure would go to the valves. Then another pressure regulator would reduce the Pressure AFTER the valves. So, the only question would be Flow. I have been surfing valves and have seen them available with working psi as low as 5 and normally as low as 10psi. Also, with flow rates (3/4") as low as 0.1GPM and 0.2GPM. These are all acceptable for this application--even if those numbers are Theorectical lows claimed by the manufacturer. Also, these val...

Thursday, February 16th 2006, 9:14am

Nelson Valves....???

Its an InLine Automatic Water Changing System for an Aquarium. Here is a Link to the Thread on another Forum: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/21414-bulkhead-line-replenishment-snag-4.html Its the Exchange Between Naja002-(myself) and Scolley. The First Pertinent post is mine (Naja002) about mid way down the page. Its Probably a 10 min read. Any Thoughts, Tips, Pointer would be Great! I am assuming now that with "Start Time Stacking" Dual Valves set to open/close at the exact same time woul...

Wednesday, February 15th 2006, 7:00pm

Nelson Valves....???

Wondering what the quality of Nelson valves are...??? I realize that Hunter Valves are probably much better quality, but I am looking for specific features that I have found in Nelson's, but not Hunter's--Very Low GPM (0.2) and Low Operating Psi (10psi). This is Not for a lawn/Sprinkler application, but Your Knowledge and Assistance would be Greatly Appreciated!!! Many Thanx!

Wednesday, February 15th 2006, 6:14pm

Start Time Stacking...???

Can Someone explain to me what "Start Time Stacking" is...??? Thanx!