You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Tuesday, February 21st 2006, 2:18pm

Author: Nicholai

3 Valves in 1 Area Do Not Turn On

solenoids actuate depending on electrical current, a faulty ground will make a DC current not work at all. A weak current wont allow the solenoid to disengauge from the pilot hole thus resulting in valves not actuating. Most likely your wiring was bad, but it seems like your solenoids were faulty from your posts. Id check the voltage frequently for spikes. A solenoid charges a magnetic charge to the piston to move it upwards, releasing the pressure on top of the diaphragm allowing the pressure b...

Tuesday, February 21st 2006, 2:05pm

Master Valve - Plastic or Metal

plastic or metal? well i can say all plastic sprinkler valves will hold pressure just as reliably as a metal one, but they dont hold up as long as a metal valve. Plastic has a tendancy to shrink and expand more than a metal valve leading to leaks in the long run. However if you are using pvc pipe id reccomend a valve with a plastic body because its so easy to install, forget threaded connections with plastic valves, you can expect leaks over time. If you want to do it cheap and you are gonna run...

Tuesday, February 21st 2006, 1:51pm

Need Solenoid

i have a ton of solenoids from orbit watermaster 57101's. i modifiy the valves for pneumatic operation which requires me to remove the solenoid and plug the hole for a higher flow hole drilled in the top cover. All the solenoid does is release pressure on the top of the diaphragm to actuate it, this allows a higher pressure from the bottom to move the diaphragm up and allow the high volume to flow. Since the valve is designed not to leak it actuates slowly. Orbit Watermaster 57101 sprinkler valv...

Tuesday, February 21st 2006, 1:39pm

Cheap pesticide

The addicting chemical in cigarettes is nicotine, in large doses it would cause a heart attack in a humann, to insects its fatal. A simple homemade pesticide that wont harm any plant can simply be made by bumming a few (3-5) smokes off a smoker. Soak the ciggs in a 2-liter bottle for a day or two till the water is dark brown. Dont forget to remove the filters on the cigarette because they contain fiberglas (depending on the brand, marlboro uses fiberglas, camel uses cotton) which can harm your p...

Tuesday, February 21st 2006, 1:31pm

Water hammer?

also avoid 90 deg. elbows when possible this constricts flow and adds to the knock in pipe systems