Search results 1-15 of 15.

Saturday, August 5th 2006, 7:35pm

Author: Beartooth

correct valve choice

Hunter PGV 1"

Saturday, August 5th 2006, 7:31pm

valve problem?

Check for a master valve on the system. A master valve will be somewhere between the water source, i.e. pump, and the valves themselves.

Saturday, August 5th 2006, 7:28pm

Saddle Tee's

The blazing saddle is perfect for your application. Go with either the BS9000 or BS7000. BS9000 has a funny pipe fitting already molded into it. The BS7000 is molded with 1/2" female threads. They are awesome.

Saturday, August 5th 2006, 7:26pm

Rain Bird DVS 100 valves vs. DVF

The "F" in DVF simply stands for "flow control". This is a regulatory device which helps to adjust the flow to each zone specifically. This is helpful in order to achieve better spray patterns and water droplets at each sprinkler. Actually having flow control on a valve makes it more serviceable. I don't quite follow your question about valve placement. It sounds like the contractor you are dealing with is possibly inexperienced or is trying to pull a fast one over on you.

Wednesday, August 2nd 2006, 6:49pm

Rain Bird DVS 100 valves vs. DVF

Either Rain Bird DVF or Hunter PGV

Saturday, July 29th 2006, 4:31pm

question on Hunter's SRV and PGV

PGV's are a little heavier duty than the SRV. Including a better diaphram. The SRV is designed to be used in productio, low cost irrigation installations where developers are trying to save a dime at every turn. Bottom line is they will both perform, but I'd put my money on the PGV every time. They are a great valve and are very reliable.

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 8:57pm

Water Pressure and GPM - Again

Based on the facts you have provided, design your system to use approximately 10 gpm. Now you have a cushion in the event that you have miscalculated, or that water usage in your area increases and your system will be able to still perform well with a higher water demand being placed on the municipal water system as a whole. Play it safe when designing your system. Always leave yourself a cushion. Also, why would you want to spray over a pine tree? It is just going to keep growing .

Saturday, July 22nd 2006, 8:50pm

pumps

Grundfos makes an in-line booster pump called the MQ. It comes in both 3/4 horse and 1 horse models. 110 volts needed to power pump. This is an excellent choice to increase psi.

Wednesday, July 19th 2006, 2:34pm

Street Frontage - Advice Please

All of the newer subdivisions in our area have the lower profile curbing which you have described. My foreman drove over a couple of spray heads two days ago with our 7,000 pound trailer and no damage resulted. I am confident that you'll be O.K.

Tuesday, July 18th 2006, 6:39pm

Street Frontage - Advice Please

We design and install heads just the way your contractor has done. I have virtually no calls from damage done by someone driving over the heads. The disadvantage to spraying towards the street is wasted water as well as soaking someone's car if they are parked in front of your home. My advice is to trust your contractor, it sounds like he is doing the right thing.

Monday, July 3rd 2006, 7:44pm

New install, several critical issues

Check out the Hunter ACC controller. It has everything you should need.

Monday, July 3rd 2006, 7:42pm

Irrigation system questions?

Todd, First of all, throw out the three lowest quotes you have received. Now, see if the remaining three contractors are close to each other in both zones, heads, and price. As for the use of polyethylene pipe in your system, do not hesitate to use it as long as it comes with an ASTME rating of 100psi or greater and is NSF grade poly. Stay away from utility grade poly, it will become brittle after just a few years.

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 5:57pm

Commercial Grades?

To all of the do-it-yourselfer's and those who have been ripped off/raped by the infamous "stick it to 'em" sprinkler professionals out there. I have but one question. When you all hire a contractor do you actually check references? Find out who you're hiring before they take advantage of you!

Sunday, May 7th 2006, 7:01pm

Hunter Pro-C Controller

Boots, you're all "wet" on this one! Pro C base model is a 3-station module.