You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

Saturday, June 23rd 2007, 7:03am

Author: tviles

Creek Water Moss

Interesting reading WB, but I have not damned anything up and don't plan to. If the small creek goes dry, well it goes dry and I can't water. I can switch back to potable water but the rates have increased here so much I doubt if I do. I think that creating a larger opening than my 2 inch check valve could help. If I were to increase to four inch pipe size and drill holes in it and screen that I might go longer in between cleanings. It's not to hard to get in the creek and brush off the screen i...

Friday, June 22nd 2007, 4:35pm

Creek Water Moss

I knew I could count on you WB, so now my curiousity is up. Who's water is it, I'm going to guess the state? Am I correct? One more, as in a intake device IF I were to use a component that can endure the crud what would that be? Thanks you always get me thinking with your answers. My lawn does look better with creek water than potable water, except for all the nutsedge I seem to be growing. Tracy

Friday, June 22nd 2007, 12:51pm

Creek Water Moss

Looking for price but I'm afraid I'm going to say Yikes when I find it. I only have 240vac down there at the pump. Thanks I'm still looking at it.

Friday, June 22nd 2007, 9:48am

Creek Water Moss

This is my first summer pulling water from the creek. Moyno pump model 36701 1½ electric motor, 2 inch suction line with screen covered check valve in the creek. Problem is moss covering up intake screen. It is nylon window screen covering check valve. Then after the pump I screen again with a 150 mesh irrigation screen. What are some options for me? Kill the moss in the creek water - if so with what? Build something in creek like a sump pump pit or something? Let me know if you can think of som...

Monday, May 28th 2007, 4:32am

Filter Screen

I pump from a creek into sprinkler system. I course screen at intake. I 100 mesh screen it before valves. Simple question. I use a toothbrush and clean water to clean screen. Anything work better? Tracy Spring Hill KS

Wednesday, November 29th 2006, 5:19am

Compressed Air thru valve

I installed a PVC 3/4 x 3/4 x 1/2 tee near my water source. I put a 1/2 PVC plug in it for regular use and remove it to thread in air connector for compressor. Question is I manually open the valves one at a time and applied 120psi compressed air. The valves sounded like french horns on crack. The valves are the Toro 1 inch backflow breakover type. Will this hurt the valves? Guess I will find out next summer huh?

Friday, October 13th 2006, 4:49pm

Foot Valve Sizing

Thanks WB you always offer a different approach. I think I will go with what you suggested for the initial test.

Friday, October 13th 2006, 7:16am

Foot Valve Sizing

Will be running a 2 inch pvc pipe to creek for intake to pump, I will need a foot valve. Question is: I can find 1½ valves no problem, will that work? Pump intake is 2", 1½ hp electric motor. Approx. 30 gpm pump. Do I need to install a tee and put on two 1½ foot valves? Most of my zones are only 2 to 3 rotors per zone. Pump will be 15 to 20 feet from creek side. Thanks, Tracy Spring Hill, KS

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 5:43am

Backflow prevention

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HooKooDooKu</i> <br />Can't help you on the codes for NJ. This is because in a critical failure, the device provides no protection, where as with an RPZ, a critcal failure usually results in lots of water comming out of the device and not back-flowing into your potable water supply. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="q...

Monday, April 24th 2006, 2:14pm

Mechanical Sequensing Valve

Thanks for the reply and I understand what you are telling me to do, but I have three rotors on a ½" poly line @ 40psi. Do I understand the function of the index valve?

Monday, April 24th 2006, 12:42pm

Mechanical Sequensing Valve

OK stupid question time from a DIY'r. I can add a zone to a zone with this valve? Example - by telling the controller to run zone 2 twice the second time would sequence the valve to run water thru a newly installed zone? Can this valve be buried? I have rotors that spray on the south side of the house but would like to add sprays up closer to the house for bushes.

Thursday, April 20th 2006, 4:42am

Run Times

I went to every other day and stayed at the same time interval. I did notice some burning the first day. Kansas clay, all rotors, all on slopes. We are having cool overnight temps with days only in the 70's so that is why I made the change so quickly. I want to go to watering every 3rd day soon. Since we are having a dry spring/summer they are going to put restrictions on soon. I used a rain gauge last night (first time)and recorded a ¼ inch for zone one. Will do the other zones soon.

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 12:12pm

Run Times

I too need to break a bad habit, I am watering everyday, 3 zones 24 minutes each. I want to at least go to every other day. So should I water every other day at 48 minutes per zone? Or just stay at 24 minutes per zone for every other day? Kansas dirt.