You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 4:49am

Author: Apropos

Need help repairing Richdel 205 and 2400!

I will have to look again at the 2400 to make sure but I recall that the end of the plunger was just visible as a "dot" of metal in the end of the otherwise black plastic solenoid. The 2400 is grey. Any idea WHICH Lawn Genie would do? I've been checking out all the landscape places here but they seem to be mostly just installers/contractors and not STORES that carry this kind of thing.

Friday, April 28th 2006, 7:04pm

Update... In an effort to get my water back on I opened the 2400 and cleaned it out. As you might expect it was FULL of sand. Anyway; I thought I did a pretty good job cleaning it out. I used dish soap on the collar and diaphram and rinsed thoroughly. The diaphram seemed reasonably supple; I expected it would at least not stay on full bore. However I was saddened to find it was on perhaps <b>stronger </b> than before. I wonder if it could be the solenoid? It's in the "in" position, at least when...

Friday, April 28th 2006, 5:58pm

Hi and thanks for your reply! Look below for my comments. Right now my #1 priority is getting the 2400 to stop being ON all the time so at least i can have my water back on. I will try to open it tonight (by flashlight) and see if cleaning might help a little. &lt;&lt; You should have a supply house in your area to get those....I don't know if SW sells parts..if you cannot find one, let me know I can get them for you. &gt;&gt; Thanks. Not sure what you mean by "SW". While there are several place...

Friday, April 28th 2006, 11:09am

Purpose of a bleeder valve?

I was reading a couple posts quickly pursuant to working on my Richdel (now Irritrol...???) 205 and 2400 valves. I see comments about a bleeder valve. I take it that's the little black plastic screw on top? Anyway... just what does it DO? How do you set it? I guess what I'm asking is... what effect is is meant to have? Thanks

Friday, April 28th 2006, 10:59am

I have a 4-zone irrigation system with 3 Richdel 250-S valves and 1 Richdel 2400-S valve. Recently, 2 zones have quit working. There are a couple questions I have about the repair. First, any links for diagrams of these series of valves would be most helpful. Anyway... about the repair. I was informed the diaphrams were most likely the culprit. I need to know what parts would be compatible. A specific problem I had was when I notived the 2400 valve. I noticed after trying to get it to work this ...