You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 4:31am

Author: allthums

Short circuit in zone

I figured my next step was to inspect line where it travels under crawl space to see if it was breached or chipmunks chewed it. No digging lately. Have no idea whether zone was wired correctly, I connected the new valve just as the old one had been. If I don't find an obvious breach I will call my servicer. Thanks for your time and help, SprinklerGuy!! allthums

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 3:06pm

Short circuit in zone

Well, I got a whole new valve and installed everything except the bottom part connected to the pipe. Sadly, the controller again blew the fuse in less than 5 seconds when that zone was selected. The insulation on all the visible wires seems intact. Any other thoughts on what could be causing this strange behavior? allthums

Monday, May 8th 2006, 3:49pm

Short circuit in zone

Installed circa 1991. The solenoid is the two-screw type, with a small spring that fell out when the solenoid was detached. There was a number on the label but I did not write it down. I am in Indianapolis area. Thanks. allthums

Monday, May 8th 2006, 3:54am

Short circuit in zone

Thanks for your prompt reply, SprinklerGuy! Are solenoids for older Toro valves available, or are there generic solenoids out there? I couldn't find any on sprinklerwarehouse.com. Thanks again! allthums

Sunday, May 7th 2006, 3:11pm

Short circuit in zone

I have a Toro system about 15 years old. After servicer started it up this spring, the controller appeared to have died for no reason. I installed a new Toro controller, seemed to work fine. Today I was running individual zones to mark sprinkler heads and the controller died when running zone 7. Replaced fuse and it ran again, but when I ran zone 7 it signaled "short" in that zone. I moved the controller wire to an empty zone but it signaled "short" again and blew the fuse. I checked the wiring ...