You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 8:11am

Author: alberto.garrido

BlackFlow Valve Broken?

My backflo valve seems to need replacement, but not complete sure if I need to replace the whole valve or can just replace the handle assembly. When I turn either one of the handles, they don't seem to do anything. I can turn them in both directions endlessly. Secondly, forget for a second that they may be broken, how are these supposed to be set? That is...is the fist one (nearer water supply) supposed to be open or closed? Are they both supposed to be open? Not sure how it is supposed to work.

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 5:44pm

Rainbird 5000...which nozzle?

So I guess I should use the 1.0 GPM nozzles? I assume that means I also need to water longer.

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 4:30am

I'm not sure how to answer that one, but I'll take a guess. I do know that I can fill a 5 gallon bucket out of the hose spiget in about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. But that spiget is coming from a 3/4 inch pipe. However, I know that the piping of my sprinkler system is 1 inch. My basic question is, does the higher the GPM of the nozzle the farther the water should generally go?

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 2:25am

Can bad valve cause pressure/flow loss?

I'm just curious. I notice a couple of my zones don't shoot water as far even though there are the same number of heads (5) on each and the rotors are all BRAND new with the same exact nozzle (RainBird 5000 with 2.5gpm nozzle). I read a posting on here (forget where!!) that mentioned something about the diaphram and pressur loss. Anything about the valves that I should check? I have very old (20 years) Toro Valves. Seem to work just fine, but did notice one or two zones just seem a little light ...

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 6:00pm

Can a bad Valve caus pressur loss?

I'm just curious. I notice a couple of my zones don't shoot water as far even though there are the same number of heads (5) on each and the rotors are all BRAND new with the same exact nozzle (RainBird 5000 with 2.5gpm nozzle). I read a posting on here (forget where!!) that mentioned something about the diaphram and pressur loss. Anything about the valves that I should check? I have very old (20 years) Toro Valves. Seem to work just fine, but did notice one or two zones just seem a little light ...

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 5:40pm

I have the Rainbird 5004PC (5000 - 4 inch popup - part circle). I'm confused which nozzles I should use. My PSI is about 35 or 40 (i'm on a well) 1 inch piping My heads are about 35 feet apart. 5 heads per zone. I'm using the 2.5 gpm nozzles. Not completely getting "head-to-head" coverage. I would have thought that the lower the gpm, the farther the head will shoot. But the manual shows the opposite. Should I go with 6.0gpm nozzle for even farther distance? This some how seems wrong since the mo...

Monday, May 8th 2006, 5:14am

Difference in Rainbird 5000 vs 5000Plus

2 questions: 1. What is the difference between the Rainbird 5000 and 5000Plus 2. I think I'm going to buy the 5004 but I see that they have 5004PC and 5004FC. I need my heads to be able to rotate 360'. Is the difference between the PC and FC that the PC does make a full 360 circle but is adjustable and the FC is not adjustable and just does 360? I'm replacing a number of VERY old Toro Superflow 600s that are about 35 feet apart. From what I'm reading, the 5004 would be great for this. I have abo...