You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 7:16am

Author: tennisoldster

Help with valve?

Okay, it finally works, although I now have a humming solenoid. I dismantled the valve and reinstalled the diaphram assembly after taking apart the shaft, spring, gasket, and diaphram. A repair person had supposedly fixed a leak in this line, and I noticed he had stripped the screw heads and probably never checked to see if the line actually worked after the "repair." The fact that he was careless enough to strip most of the screw heads makes me wonder about the care he took with everything else...

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 2:37pm

Help with valve?

Thanks for the reply. As I said, I'm a novice when it comes to sprinkler repairs. Are you referring to the plunger that's on the valve or or the solenoid? The plunger on the solenoid does retract as it should. Is there also a moving part, or plunger, on the valve below the solenoid, and is that what you're referring to? If so, does it come out using a small flat-bladed screwdriver, or what? Thanks.

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 11:59am

Help with valve?

One of my sprinkler lines only works when I manually open the valve. It's an irritrol valve, 205 I believe. A repair person told me the solenoid was bad, so I replaced it. The irrigation store also tested the old one and determined it was not working. I installed the new one, but still the valve would not open when I turned the station 3 on at the controller. The valve would click and buzz, but no water would flow. The solenoid definitely opens as it should. I switched the solenoid on line 4 to ...