You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Thursday, June 1st 2006, 8:24am

Author: brad44

how to cap a sprinker head?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kgosein</i> <br />I'm planning to build a deck in my backyard where I currently have 2 activate sprinkler heads. What's the best way to cap these heads so they no longer work when the zone is activated? The deck will be built on top of the 2 sprinkler heads so I want to make sure it never leaks once it's capped. Kg. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></...

Thursday, June 1st 2006, 8:20am

flower beds

To cap a head, you have to completely remove it from the riser. In order to convert to drip you have to remove the entire sprinkler, not just the top or nozzle. There are several options when it comes to water distribution. You could use a six outlet manifold, it all depends upon what you are watering. Sometimes a manifold will do the trick, other times you have to run a length of tubing and tap into it with individual drip emitters to water specific plants. It all depends upon what you're tryin...

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 10:25am

42SA nozzle replacement

Real easy. First make sure the radius reduction screw is completely clear of the nozzle. Next, lift and hold up the stem. With a flat head screw driver you should be able to easily remove the nozzle. I think there's a slot on the bottom of the nozzle.

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 10:22am

Lowes/Home depot have pressure vavles?

Here's what you need to ask for: a valve with a pressure regulator. Home Depot and Lowes might have them depending upon where you're at. But I would go to a place that specializes in irrigation and landscaping supplies. Look for an authorized Rain Bird, Toro, or Hunter distributor.

Wednesday, May 31st 2006, 10:18am

flower beds

The simple solution is to use drip irrigation and/or micro spray sprinkler to water the bed. You can cap two of the risers and use the middle one as a distribution point for the tubing. You will get much better watering and coverage with drip irrigation than a conventional spray. There are micro spray full circle sprinklers that you could mount onto the riser, but they would over shoot and water something you don't want watered.

Friday, May 26th 2006, 5:03pm

flower beds

Where are the risers? Are they on the edge of the bed or in the middle? It makes a difference as to what I would specify.

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 8:39pm

Difference in Rainbird 5000 vs 5000Plus

There's only one major feature that sets the 5000 Plus apart from the 5000 series, it's what Rain Bird calls Stream Control Technology. Simply put, you can turn off the sprinkler while it's in operation. Makes it easy to change nozzles, adjust the arc, ectera. Hunter's I-20 has the same exact feature, and I love it. Wrong nozzle? No problem. Instead of having to run back to the controller, all you do is turn off the individual head while everything else is running. Arc not set quite right? Turn ...

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 8:34pm

Need to install sprinklers in 20x40 ft area

1 vote for Hunter PGJ rotor here. You're looking at about 15 spray heads versus six PGJ rotors to do the same job. 3 rows of sprays heads versus 2 rows of rotors. And depending upon what kind of pressure and GPM you've got, perhaps 2 circuits instead of 3, or hopefully 1 circuit instead of 2. If you can get 15 lawn sprays on 1 circuit, you're in great shape.

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 8:29pm

Rotors vs. Popups

49'x 82', unless you've got a tremendous amount of PSI, at least 50 would be ideal to start, I don't think 6 will cut it. At the very least 8 on the edges to get the job done with proper coverage. If you've got the pressure then 6 could do it, but the heads had better be either a Rain Bird Falcon/7500 series or Hunter I-25/I-40 series. X factors include hills and trees.

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 8:24pm

5000 Plus or I-20?

I've been a Hunter rotor fan for years, but I'm hearing a lot of great things about Rain Bird's 5000 Plus series. When I can, I use Hunter I-20s, they're reliable, easy to install, and with their wide range of nozzles can cover just about anything. From what I can gather the 5000 Plus appears to be Rain Bird's answer to the I-20. Anyone got any experience with the 5000 Plus and a reason they would choose them over Hunter?