You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

Thursday, November 8th 2007, 3:31pm

Author: tehachapibackflow

favorite backflow

Well, to those of you who have no testing requirements you should feel lucky. If you don't have to test the assemblies just take out the guts and internal parts and the backflow will never spew water. But remember the whole point of backflow is to protect the drinking water not worry about cheap prices on backflow parts.

Wednesday, November 7th 2007, 5:06pm

favorite backflow

Just so you all know febco is pure junk, you will have nothing but problems with these. I test backflow assemblies all the time and the fail rate is 70% of all febcos tested fail. Figures don't lie. Liars figure. Write that one down for a bumper sticker

Wednesday, November 7th 2007, 5:03pm

favorite backflow

WILKINS WILKINS WILKINS WILKINS YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 4:23am

Leakage problem with Febco 825Y

Well sprinkler guy; I have noticed the 009 is a little better than the FEBCO 825Y. But like everyone has said, the checks are nothing but a pain in the you know what. They do fail much easier and are more sensitive to line pressure fluctuations. Just a little tip, if you ever have the relief valve dumping on an RP and can't fix it, just pull the relief valve spring. This is just a temporary fix. Remember the backflow is now failing. I have only had to do this once for a small surgery center, obv...

Friday, July 13th 2007, 5:49pm

Leakage problem with Febco 825Y

Hey wet boots, what do ya know a febco is FAILING!! Thats a first. The reason it is dumping the relief valve in a no flow condition is the #1 check valve is failed. With no flow zone 1 and 2 are equalizing pressure which is telling the relief valve to dump. You may be able to pull out the check module and flip the rubber disc. There may also be something stuck in the check itself. When the assembly is flowing water the checks equalize throughout. Therefore the relief does not care what the press...

Wednesday, July 4th 2007, 3:47am

RPZ Backflow devices

There are many other factors that determine if a RPZ is failing. You cannot just rely on the relief valve dripping or dumping to determine if an assembly is failing. If what you mentioned was true there would be no need to ever test a RPZ assembly. You would just wait until it drips then repair it. Remember the ultimate goal for backflow is for protection of the drinking water supply. Not just ease of winterizing or cost. Think about it.

Sunday, June 24th 2007, 6:54pm

RPZ Backflow devices

I have to agree with the cracked seats due to freezing. But it is worth to be able to replace a seat instead of replacing a backflow due to a pit or crack in the seat of a febco 825y. If you ask any true backflow tester they will tell you there are many more advantages to the wilkins 975XL. See Ya.

Saturday, June 23rd 2007, 10:16am

RPZ Backflow devices

You will begin to notice on the watts 009 series the internal parts are all plastic. Those check modules will begin to crack with high pressure or freezing temps. Bets of luck with the "failing febcos"

Saturday, June 23rd 2007, 6:46am

RPZ Backflow devices

To those who are in terested in backflow assembies. Here in california we see all differnet types of assemblies. We see every brand made. But as a certified tester, and Chief Distribution Operator of a large water system and Cross Connection Control Manager. I have no problem tooting the horn for wilkins priducts. They by far pass testing much more often than any other assembly. Wilkins is the easiest assembly to work on. The parts are inexpensive and easy to understand the products manuals. Jus...

Tuesday, June 19th 2007, 8:24pm

RPZ Backflow devices

yes, febco is nothing but junk, all they are good for is recycling. i test and repair febcos on a weekly basis. i highly reccomend Wilkins. model 975 xl. you will be very happy with these. hope this helps.

Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 6:45pm

How to replace a Febco 765-1

WET BOOTS DO YOU TEST BACKFLOW ASSEMBLIES OR REPAIR THEM?

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 2:59pm

How to replace a Febco 765-1

To all who actually test and repair backflow assemblies you should know by now that anything with the name "febco" is nothing better that a 8 lb. brass paper weight. Lets all do eachother a foavor and never install or replace a febco piece of junk again.

Thursday, May 10th 2007, 7:34pm

O-ring for Febco 765-1

You can go through a company out of california called "Bavco" the stock parts for every backflow assembly ever made. They will also ship your parts overnight. The sales staff is very helpful they know all parts for all vackflow assemblies. Their phone # is 1-800-458-3492. The website www.bavco.com. Hope this helps. Tyler Napier Tehachapi Backflow Service

Monday, March 19th 2007, 7:36pm

Febco 765 Problems

Do not buy a febco again. Always buy Wilkins!!

Saturday, November 4th 2006, 12:37pm

DC Valves

From what I have read (USC 9th edition, DHS title 17) a DC is not approved for a sprinkler system. By the way no backflow should be installed below ground. The test cocks are a potential cross connection.

Saturday, June 10th 2006, 7:32am

3" Wilkins 975?

I am having a problem with a 3" Wilkins 975 RP. I have replaced all the rubbers and the Relief Valve Spring. But I still can't get the relief valve to open during the test process. I am blown away with this. Hopefully someone will be able to help me.

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 6:47pm

BlackFlow Valve Broken?

When you try to turn the water off you need to make sure that the handles are side to side not up and down. It sounds like the handles are just bad. You also might try to take the handles off the valve and just use a cresent wrench and turn the valve off, once again make sure that the little brass bolt that the handle bolts to is up and down that will guarntee that the water is off. I hope this helps.

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 6:40pm

Leaking Watts backflow device

The only advice that I can offer is: if at all possible change out the watts and install a wilkins 975XL this assembly is easy to work on a will not fail as often as a junk watts or febco.