You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Thursday, May 25th 2006, 10:09pm

Author: Zuke

Question on watering schedule

Hard, unfriendly, and uneducated. I'm in Salt Lake City. The fastest possible history lesson I could give is this; there used to be this huge body of water called Lake Bonneville. Then it dried up, leaving the Great Salt Lake. Then people moved in. As a result, what isn't gravel in the valley is clay-ish. I can't get a screwdriver more than 1.5" into the soil without watering first. After watering, I can get it in 2.5"

Tuesday, May 23rd 2006, 7:16pm

Question on watering schedule

So, I've calculated to get 1.5" of water on my lawn, it would require roughly 90 minutes of watering on any one zone. I have four zones. Is it better to break it up to 12 minutes once a day (early morning) or to do a 90 minute run once a week? I understand the idea of letting the soil dry out between waterings, but 12 minutes of watering shouldn't put so much water it can't dry within 24 hours, right?

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 5:58pm

Newbie needs advice

OK, second question then; how do I replace a sprinkler like that? I've replaced a normal pop up with the nipple coming up, but this one enters at the side. Would I need to replace the entire assembly, or just part of it?

Tuesday, May 16th 2006, 6:55pm

Newbie needs advice

I am completely new to the world of sprinklers and home ownership, so please bear with me. As near as I can tell, my system has about 20 GPM. I have some sort of Lawn Genie sprinklers that pop up from a large green housing and contain an impact head inside. I have only 5 of them. Sorry, I only have MSPaint. The one in the upper-right hand corner is broken, so it is jammed in one position (if I set it normally, it just spins around and never reverses). Since I have to replace it (or part of it), ...