You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

Monday, June 19th 2006, 2:12pm

Author: psnook

Transformer

Thanks for all your help and yes I did try to use the Forum Search and didn't really find anything helpful. Maybe just not looking in the right place. Anyway, I think you've given us enough information that we'll be able to figure it out. Thanks again for your patience!

Sunday, June 18th 2006, 4:04pm

Transformer

What am I looking for when taking resistance measurements? I guess my question really is, how will I know the difference between bad and good? What is normal? Regarding the transformer, I'm not really understanding what you are saying. You said the Hunter transformer can't supply enough power to burn out the controller circuitry. If I find another that has twice the power but the same 24VAC output voltage, will I then be at risk of burning out the controller circuitry?

Monday, May 29th 2006, 4:14pm

Transformer

We have 7 zones. Have no clue how to test the system wiring for bad solenoids. Can you help me out there? Good to know I can get an adapter anywhere. The guy that installed our system told us we could only use a "Hunter" transformer.

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 7:45am

Transformer

We had an SRC Plus (9-station) Hunter system installed about 2 years ago. We live in Georgia and are prone to some pretty good electrical storms. According to the guy that installed our system, these storms keep blowing out our transformer. We had to replace it three times and currently can't find one so we're having to manually use our system. It's my understanding that this model has a built in primary power surge protection so why do we keep blowing out our transformers? The company that inst...