You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 9:59am

Author: jlease

Installing remote zone

Use the multi-stranded wire and duct tape the bejesus out of it to the end of the poly, put them both in the chinese finger, and pull them both at the same time.

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 9:55am

Lowes/Home depot have pressure vavles?

Plumbing section of Home Depot usually with the gate and ball valves and made by Watts.

Thursday, May 18th 2006, 6:01am

Not all circuts have adequate pressure

If pressure from the water source has lessened a poorly designed system could begin to show problems. If it was a leak the pressure would drop on all zones and none would be working properly and you'd find lots of water by the time your first five ran. One other thing that might have happened depending on pvc or poly pipe main line is that something between the T and the first of the seven valves that doesn't work could have pinched or sqeezed the mainline down to where your flow is not adequate...

Thursday, May 18th 2006, 5:47am

Leak Detection?

Don't know if anything like that exists. Put in a main valve so that water loss is limited to the system run time. Finding leaks isn't usually all that difficult there's the water, there's the leak (give or take a few feet). I've been repairing systems for seven years now and just last month have my first case of here's the water, where's the leak? Keep the rocks out of the backfill and don't trench too close to any trees (the roots will play havoc in the long run), use a good glue (Turftite) an...

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 12:01pm

Help find the leak!!

My customer has a spray zone that encircles the foundation of the house. The leak was found in the back of the house (the downslope side), but digging and more digging revealed that the closest pipe and swing joint fittings are fine, the water is coming from under the house (from uphill). So far I have probed the entire side and front of the house without finding a wet spot and grabbed and pulled on each sprayhead to see if maybe there was a bad nipple. The only thing I can think is the leak is ...

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 11:57am

Not all circuts have adequate pressure

Figure out gallons per minute on several of the zones that work and several of those that don't. It sounds like you have too much friction loss on the zones that don't work, which may be a pipe sizing issue.

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 11:53am

Trenching

DOORZ, have you finished your design and done the install yet?

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 11:22am

Adding to existing zone

How many gpm is the zone? What type heads and what is their gpm that you want to add?

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 11:19am

PGJ and Pro Spray

Home Depot, Lowe's or any sprinkler supply house will have the part you need.

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 11:18am

Newbie needs advice

You don't have head to head coverage, but if there aren't any dead or dry spots I would let it go. 20gpm means you are probably at 4gpm per head. Find the rotor that you like and make sure it will throw 40 feet at 4gpm at your operating pressure (while the zone is running and no other water is being used, put a pressure gauge on a hose bib). Impacts are going to go bad, so you can change them all at once or buy 5 rotors then wait for them to go bad, or buy one and change them out as needed.

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 11:00am

Controller & lots of misc questions

Either controller is good. Check number of zones by opening up the old controller and seeing how many ports are used. If you buy a modular controller, make sure you buy enough modules. Do it yourself is simple. Unplug it, remove 1 wire at a time and label it (common, main, zone 1, 2, etc.), get new controller and mount it (make sure the wires will reach to their intended port before mounting), wire in the electric and plug in and program. Back flow devices protect the public water supply from po...

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 10:50am

Hunter Pro C controller

Not sure what you mean by dwell time and not sure why you wait 15 minutes between zones, but my first guess would be to check the start times you have in each program. (controller has, I think, 4 start times for each program (A B C)). Hunter's help line is 877-865-2578.

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 10:42am

Pressure reducer

Assuming the valve is 3/4" pipe thread and you are trying to screw in the 3/4" pipe thread end of the brass fitting, then it sounds like you cross-threaded the plastic valve and may need to replace the valve, if that is the case, you can buy one with a flow control and don't need the regulator anyway. I'd re-teflon tape the brass and try to thread it in again, and be forceful in keeping it from cross-threading, sometimes you can overcome the initial bad thread in the plastic with surehanded forc...

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 10:33am

Replacing Short pop-ups with tall pop-ups

Dig down to the pipe, make sure there are no pipes or wires below that, then take a 4' piece of 1" sch 40 pvc and a rubber mallet put one end of the pvc where you want the pop-up to be and pound the pipe into the ground as deep as you need, pull the pipe back out and you have your pop-up hole. Dirt can be removed from pipe by stout screwdriver or beating on a fence post.