You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, September 14th 2006, 4:53pm

Author: Spider

Rotor heads don't go down

I have told everyone what I tried to do to get my sprinkler heads to go down after watering. First the vegetable oil, then with the WD40. Well, it seems as though that wouldn't fix some of my sprinkler heads. So I ended up ordering ten new ones. Everytime one stays up, after watering, I just go ahead and replace it. They are so easy to replace that I found out it's well worth the time (about twenty minutes including the adjustment) and effort, and it saves you alot of money, when you consider wh...

Friday, July 14th 2006, 12:04pm

In response to the problem "Troost" is having, I had the same problem and here's is what I did to fix it: I pulled up, and throughly cleaned each sprinkler head with clean water. Then I soaked a clean rag with a cheap brand of vegetable oil and slathered the oil all over the sprinkler head. The next time I watered, about two thirds of my sprinkler heads retracted like they are supposed to. So, once again, I pulled up every one of them, and generously sprayed them with WD-40. I watered today, and...

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 11:24am

<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="4"></font id="size4">[black][/black I have the same problem with my Nelson 6000, sprinkler heads. I have 21 of them, and at least 17 of them, don't go down when the water is turned off. I know they are very old, but what I did was, I cleaned a 4 to 5 inch area, all around each one. Then wiped each one down with clean rag, and plain clean water. When I watered the next time, a little over half of them still stayed up. What I did, an...