Search results 1-20 of 43.

Monday, October 16th 2006, 7:32pm

Author: xpedient

Irritrol Total Control - lost stations?

i would take the clock back. sounds defective

Monday, October 16th 2006, 7:30pm

Connecting Sprinkers with 1" NPT inlet

use larger dia. because using funny pipe to these will restrict the flow too much.

Friday, August 18th 2006, 3:52pm

valve not stopping water

Put a plug in there...

Tuesday, August 8th 2006, 5:33pm

Backflow Preventer spitting water

You probably have a leak somewhere between the vacuum breaker and manifold. You have water hammer. For some reason you have air in the lines. It is probably a kink or break.

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 3:36pm

Hunter PCP Sprinkler Heads

http://www.hunterindustries.com/support/Installation_Adjustment/Rotors/pgpinstruct.html

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 3:32pm

PVC primer

ok buddy, its friggin pvc primer. Thats a little overboard..but good work

Tuesday, June 27th 2006, 2:09pm

Which 1 1/2 valves needed

I would run I-20's for the heads but for the valves I would go with the GB series rainbird or the PEB series. I know they are both really expensive but they will handle the high pressure and flow.

Monday, June 26th 2006, 5:41pm

how many heads per circut?

cool, looks good. I would add a head in the back doing a full 360. There are some spots right now that arent getting enough water that should be solved by adding a full circle head..

Monday, June 26th 2006, 7:25am

New Anti Siphon Value Leaking

You must use teflon tape on all manifold connections. You have to crank those fittings down. They are always pressurized with high PSI and will leak if not done correctly

Monday, June 26th 2006, 7:14am

round Valve Cover locking device

Hmm..As far as I know- There is not a locking device. There are products for commercial sites that lock but they are much larger and are not made of plastic. Unless someone else here knows of solution, I would take grass clippings and dirt and cover the lid so it is not as visible.

Monday, June 26th 2006, 6:53am

Rain Dial RD-900int manual and Semi-auto problems

Its only 3 years old? I would expect much longer from a Rain Dial RD. Those clocks are not cheap. I am sorry to hear that..

Monday, June 26th 2006, 6:48am

Sand Filter on shallow well

I cant help you with the product line that would suit you best, but if your heads/rotors gears are breaking or nozzles are getting plugged then a filter is necessary. Have sand/silt in the line can also cause valves to malfunction. Usually when using a well, a filter is recommended. Im sure there is someone else on the forum that can assist you in finding the right product.

Monday, June 26th 2006, 6:24am

Rain Dial RD-900int manual and Semi-auto problems

Ya it most likely sounds like a controller problem. Usually with a short in the system or a bad solenoid, the controller with display either "fuse" or "open" depending on the model. With the problem you have, it sounds like its toast. How long have you had the controller for? Sometimes this is the result of a lightning strike or just a defective clock. The RD-900 has been around for some time so it could just be time for a replacement..

Monday, June 26th 2006, 6:08am

Run Times

Well it also depends on run off. If the area is at a slight angle, all the water is going to flood off the yard- in this situation shorter run times but more cycles are adequate. There are too many components in a given sprinkler zone to accurately estimate the pressure loss over a given amount of time. For residential properties it is usually not needed anyways. If one was going to install a 150 mile pipeline for oil or gas, the hydraulic calculations would then be needed..

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 7:40pm

New Install Need Expert Advice

1) I like Poly for lateral lines. 2)1" poly should be good, but I am not sure how many heads you can run. Rainbird 5004 uses quite a bit of water and you need to calculate your Gallons per minute. Fill up a 5 gallon bucket and time how long it takes you... 4) I would stick to under 3 feet because you are going from 1" poly pipe to 3/8" swing pipe and that cuts down significantly especially with a rainbird 5000 which demands quite a bit of flow to run correctly.

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 7:37pm

how many heads per circut?

Well take how much each head uses (GPM) and add them up. If they total to less than 30 GPM then you are fine. Are you sure you have 36 GPM? Are you running off a fire hydrant?

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 7:32pm

Installing remote zone

As long as your soil is not too rocky as that will cause scores in your pipe which could later lead to breaks..

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 7:30pm

Febco or Watts

825Y will be perfect