You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 1:59pm

Author: BubbleHead

Question about Rotor vs Spray

In theory, Jabbo is correct but Tom knows exactly what I am talking about. You can't always adjust the nozzles to get the proper precipitation rate. The Hunter manual lists precipitation rates (P.R) for each nozzle at 180 degrees (half arc) however we can calculate what the P.R. will be for any configuration using the following equation: P.R.=(Flowrate*34650)/arc_angle*(radius*radius) Using this equation we can calculate the following: Source code 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 GPM Radius(ft) %Adjustment 90 degr...

Monday, June 26th 2006, 4:14pm

Author: BubbleHead

Question about Rotor vs Spray

I am planning out an irrigation system, and I am considering using the Hunter Pro-Spray Nozzles and PGJ Rotors but I have a question. I live on a cul-de-sac so my yard is not at all rectangular. Curved edges, as well as odd shaped zones abound. Most of my zones will require spray nozzles but the main area in front of the house is large enough that I could possibly use PGJ rotors. My concern is this. According to Hunters documentation, the fixed spray nozzles are calibrated to roughly the same pe...