You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Sunday, September 30th 2007, 6:13pm

Author: hillman90

Cleaning out valve box

Thanks for the info. My system was installed probably in the late 80's, I bought the home in 2004. Other than spending over $1,500 to replace heads and have some wiring work done it's been pretty solid. I did try to dig out the mud in the box with a hand trowel (I did not remove the actual box though) and it was pointless. The mud has really built up over the years and the space to work with made it pretty futile. When I read about putting a hose in and loosening up the mud and vacuuming/sucking...

Friday, September 28th 2007, 10:20am

Cleaning out valve box

great, then that is what I must do. Hopefully its as easy as some have said. In theory some of this stuff sounds great while in reality its a huge pain.

Thursday, September 27th 2007, 8:17pm

Cleaning out valve box

I have many valve boxes that are filled with mud that is covering most valves and solenoids. I need to replace some solenoids and was wondering what the best way to clean out the box is. I read that you could spray water in the box with a hose and use a wet vac to suck out all the mud/sand. I also found a product called a "suck tube" that is hand pumped but supposed to work very well. What is the best approach to clean the box out? Thanks.

Monday, July 24th 2006, 8:34pm

Valve identification, weathermatic

I have 11 zones all with Weathermatic valves and a Weathermatic Mark Series controller. This was an existing system when I purchased the house. I had 2 solenoids replaced on 2 of the valves a couple weeks ago with the M24E's. My question is how do identify the model of the valve? It is pretty much covered in dirt but I can dig around it if I knew where to look for an ID #. The top of the valve housing is green and I saw the Weathermatic name, they are also plastic. There is NOT a 4 pronged handl...

Friday, July 14th 2006, 5:12am

replacing rotors and sprays...

thanks...the other Maxi Paws seem to be running well but the problem i have had is the debris that falls inside when the sprinkler is in use and then when it stops it sometimes does not seat well. As for the Orbit sprays, i just want them gone so i think i am going to start with those first. What is the easiest way to identify the Orbit sprayer so I can get the same Hunter product? Thanks again.

Thursday, July 13th 2006, 6:01pm

replacing rotors and sprays...

I just got my system up and running and while it works well, I see on here that most do not recommend Maxi-Paws and are in favor of the Hunter PGP's. The company replaced 2 of the Rain Birds with the PGP's due to mulch/dirt falling in the cup. I have many more Maxi Paws and was wondering what is involved in swapping it out for the PGP? I was not home when the guy did it. Also, i have quite a few Orbit spray heads(which no one is a fan of here) for my parkway and want to replace those with the Hu...

Saturday, July 8th 2006, 6:01pm

My system must be old...

I moved into my house a 2 years ago and there was an irrigation system already in place. The gentleman who owned the home passed away and his son sold it, and he had very little knowledge of the system. My bet is that it was installed over 10 years ago, perhaps even 15. Every person I know who has a system has a valve that their respective maintenance company takes out at seasons end and reinstalls in the spring. My system has no such valve. The control box, a weathermatic, is in the basement......