You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Saturday, August 26th 2006, 11:20am

Author: rswear2

Odd Valve problem

I got it working. I was all set to cut the pipe and replace the valve with another new one but then I deiced to make one more attempt at just swapping out the parts incase I did something wrong last time. This time I noticed the pressure regulator was all the way down tight. When I first tried the valve nothing happened like last time but then I opened up the regulator and the sprinklers fired up. I want to thank everyone for their advice and particularly send out a big thank you to Bill Painter...

Friday, August 18th 2006, 7:38pm

Odd Valve problem

Hi jmduke - you are right it's not an SRV, it a PGV I figured that out when I saw the SRV and I got a PGV instead

Friday, August 18th 2006, 3:52pm

Odd Valve problem

As an update, I swapped out the guts including the solenoid and it does the same thing. What do I do next? A bigger valve with a heavier diaphragm maybe? Though I don’t see how I can do that without cutting the pipe. Anyone know any good sprinkler guys in the Seattle area? Thanks, -Raymond

Friday, August 11th 2006, 8:50am

Odd Valve problem

Thanks Bill & SprinklerGuy I really appreciate the responses. I ordered a new valve yesterday so I could take it a part and study it a bit before messing with the one in the ground. Then I will swap out the parts. I have another question, the problem valve is supposedly new. My system was installed last fall. I was thinking it must just be defective, but this zone is the farthest from the water supply. Is it possible I am dealing with a water pressure issue and need a heaver duty valve or someth...

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 4:21pm

Odd Valve problem

I have Hunter SRV valves and I have one zone that stopped working. If I turn the solenoid the 1/4 turn to activate the zone manually, I can hear water flowing but the sprinklers do not run. If I open up the bleed valve the sprinklers will run for a couple of minutes and water comes out around the bleed valve. The controller has no effect. At 1st I thought it was a bad solenoid but I would have thought I could get it to run manually. The guys that installed the system seem to have disappeared so ...