You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

Wednesday, December 26th 2007, 7:31am

Author: Admin

RainBird 42SA and 32SA rotors

The 42sa is Rain Bird's retail version of the 5000 series rotor and the 32sa is Rain bird's retail version of the 3500 series rotor. Retail or "consumer" grade sprinkler products are designed and built by the manufacturer to sell side by side on the shelf next to their competitors products. The focus is therefore, on price not quality. These consumer grade sprinklers are put out by the manufacturers to be as cheap or cheaper in price than the other competitors items. They know the average consum...

Sunday, December 9th 2007, 9:01am

I think I need to fix this valve...?

Frank, We appreciate your support and look forward to you purchasing your parts at www.SprinklerWarehouse.com We are at the 28th Annual International Irrigation Show in San Diego. You can place your order online at www.SprinklerWarehouse.com and it will ship Wednesday morning. If you would like to speak with us before placing your order, please call Wednesday morning and we will be available to assist you. Thank you for the opportunity to assist in your sprinkler needs! Steve Okelberry President...

Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 10:16am

favorite backflow

In the Houston area, the Febco Pressure Vacuum Breaker is the backflow device of choice. Wilkins 720A PVB seems to be the runner up.

Tuesday, October 9th 2007, 3:57pm

certification

For Irrigation training, I highly suggest www.irrigationclass.com

Monday, October 1st 2007, 7:52am

MP Rotors

You can now purchase MP Rotator rotors at SprinklerWarehouse.com The Walla Walla company was recently bought out by Hunter Industries (Hunter). How do you use the MP Rotator? The MP Rotator Nozzle is designed to attach to a pop-up sprinkler spray body to create the MP Rotator sprinkler. In other words, you purchase a MP Rotator Nozzle and screw it to the top of your favorite brand sprinkler spray body. Once attached to the spray body, you now have a complete rotor sprinkler! How do you know whic...

Monday, October 1st 2007, 4:37am

Quotes and Opinions

First things first.... You should not compare irrigation companies by how much the job will cost per head...that measurement is meaningless. The important things to consider are as follows: 1. Does the design of the sprinkler system take into account the different hydrozones you have that makes up your property. What do I mean by this? There are areas of your yard that have similar water requirements. The plants or grass in an area that can be watered together (at the same time) make up what is ...

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 9:35am

Total control cable

Frank, Controller replacement parts like the one you have described are very difficult to find. We have found that you will more than likely need to purchase a new controller.

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 9:32am

water oozes in valve after sprinkler is off

Sounds like you have a bad valve Solenoid or Diaphragm. Here is what I suggest you do if you have a bad solenoid or Diaphragm. Replace the Solenoid and Diaphragm at the same time I recommend replacing the entire valve top and internals instead of just the solenoid. If the solenoid is bad the diaphragm is more than likely not going to last to much longer and you will find yourself digging the valve up again in the near future. Besides, a complete new valve is almost the same price as a new soleno...

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 9:31am

zone won't shut off

Sounds like you have a bad valve Soleniod or Diaphram. Here is what I suggest you do if you have a bad solenoid or Diaphram. <b>Replace the Solenoid and Diaphram at the same time</b> I recommend replacing the entire valve top and internals instead of just the solenoid. If the solenoid is bad the diaphram is more than likely not going to last to much longer and you will find yourself digging the valve up again in the near future. Besides, a complete new valve is almost the same price as a new sol...

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 9:29am

Valve or solenoid?

Here is what I suggest you do if you have a bad solenoid or Diaphram. <b>Replace the Solenoid and Diaphram at the same time</b> I recommend replacing the entire valve top and internals instead of just the solenoid. If the solenoid is bad the diaphram is more than likely not going to last to much longer and you will find yourself digging the valve up again in the near future. Besides, a complete new valve is almost the same price as a new solenoid and you can use the new valve to get all your new...

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 9:24am

Valve replacement

The best way I have found to remove the mud and dirt is to dig up the valve box and use a hand trowel or your hands to dig the mud and dirt from around the valve(s). This will also give you a lot of room to work on the valve. <b>Replace the Solenoid and Diaphram at the same time</b> I recommend replacing the entire valve top and internals instead of just the solenoid. If the solenoid is bad the diaphram is more than likely not going to last to much longer and you will find yourself digging the v...

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 9:23am

Cleaning out valve box

The best way I have found to remove the mud and dirt is to dig up the valve box and use a hand trowel or your hands to dig the mud and dirt from around the valve(s). This will also give you a lot of room to work on the valve. <b>Replace the Solenoid and Diaphram at the same time</b> I recommend replacing the entire valve top and internals instead of just the solenoid. If the solenoid is bad the diaphram is more than likely not going to last to much longer and you will find yourself digging the v...

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 9:04am

maxipaw and pgp-atr

Yes, you can have any mix of rotors (any brand or any model rotor) on the same zone together as long as you match the precipation rates. Anotherwords, you just need to use a nozzle in the PGP-ATR rotor that matches the water output of the Maxi-Paw rotor. If the Maxi-Paw rotor is applying 3 gpm (very common) then use a nozzle for the PGP-ATR that outputs 3 gpm. The PGP-ATR rotors come with a complete set of nozzles (if you purchase them from www.SprinklerWarehouse.com) so you can use the one you ...

Tuesday, August 21st 2007, 11:30am

Hunter or Rainbird

You can not go wrong with either brand. Hunter is very focused on providing quality irrigation products, but Rain Bird is a very good brand also. If you truely want a very good Sprinkler System I suggest you request the following products: <b><u>Hunter:</u></b> ICC-800pl or PC-300i <b>Modular Controller</b> Rain-Clik <b>Rain Sensor</b> I-20 or PGP-Adj <b>Rotors</b> Pros-04 (for lawn area) and Pros-12 (for flowerbeds) <b>Pop-Up Spray Heads</b> HPV-100G or PGV-100G <b>Valves</b> Hunter Pre-made Sw...

Wednesday, June 20th 2007, 12:39pm

RPZ Backflow devices

What part of the country are you in? Backflow brands seem to be very area related...meaning people tend to feel strongly about certain brands depending on where they live. I would be interested in knowing which other brands (and which models) we at www.SprinklerWarehouse.com should carry to cover your backflow needs.

Thursday, May 10th 2007, 2:00pm

system component selection advice

If you have received a design from Rain Bird that refers to Home Depot or Lowes (Home Improvement or consumer grade) type parts, you can go to the following link and get the part numbers converted over to the recommended Professional Series parts: Covert Consumer Grade part numbers to Professional Series part numbers Never install the low quality home impriovement or consumer grade parts when you can get the Professional Series parts for the same price or less.

Tuesday, April 17th 2007, 7:30pm

EZ FLo Fertilization System - How it works...

Here is my summary of differences between the FertiGator Pro System and the EZ Flo System: The FertiPro: Is the only sprinkler system fertilizer unit that is programmable by irrigation zone (meaning you can program the FertiGator Pro to apply a different amount of fertilizer for each zone of the property). This is a great flexibility to have. It means you can fertilize the front flowerbeds more than the front lawn area, but fertilize the front lawn area more than the back yard, etc. You can use ...

Thursday, April 12th 2007, 4:54am

Tubing Clamps

You should use stainless steel Pinch (Crimp) Clamps or Screw (Worm Gear) Clamps. Here is a link to Pinch (Crimp) Clamps: Stainless Steel Crimp Clamps Here is a link to Screw Clamps: Stainless Steel Worm Gear Clamps

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 8:01pm

EZ FLo Fertilization System - How it works...

After reviewing all the discussions about EZ Flo Fertilization Systems...We thought we would be good to give a brief summary below of what the EZ Flo Fertilizer System is and and how it works . EZ FLo is now available for purchase at: SprinklerWarehouse.com EZ-FLO Main Line Systems attach directly to your in-ground sprinkler and/or drip irrigation system. Every time you use your irrigation system, EZ-FLO releases small, precision doses of water soluble or liquid non-hazardous fertilizers into th...

Monday, March 26th 2007, 7:49am

Cheapest place to purchase fertilizer

Try SprinklerWarehouse.com at the following link: http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/category-s/151.htm