You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 5:47am

Author: Donn Osborn

Pump Problems

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i> <br />Flow rates per zone? Height of suction lift? A quick google search suggests that you should be running around 20 to 30 gpm. I kind of doubt that you want a pressure switch setting of 85-100. It might be that the motor is overheating, and the thermal protection is cutting in and out. Those additional faucets are probably a bad idea, ...

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 5:38pm

Pump Problems

Hi All; I hope this is not too much information. I am not trying to write a novel, but I have noticed that most of you seem to prefer as much detail as you can get. If it is over kill, please excuse the rookie move. I have just finished putting in a complete system. 1) Pump = Berkeley SSHM-2 (2HP - 250ft head - 108 psi) 2) Sprinklers = Rainbird 5004 (54 of them) 3) Control Unit = Rainbird ESP 4 MI with 13 Zones (8 active) 4) Pump Start Relay = Hunter PSR 22 5) Pump Inlet/Outlet = Both are 2 inch...

Monday, August 28th 2006, 10:25am

Controllers to wiring

My question are pretty basic I hope. System will have 8 zones to begin with. I am planning on purchasing the 5004 PLPC-SS sprinklers and either the ESP-LXi (12 or 16) controller. My questions are: 1) Do I need direct burial wire with at least as many wires as I plan on having zones? (If I plan on having 12 zones eventually, will I need to buy the 13 conductor wire? 2) What type of automatic valves would the forum recommend for a system like this? Thanks for your input.