You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Wednesday, September 6th 2006, 6:02am

Author: donaldm823

Rainbird 5004 rotor set screw-Purpose????

Rainbird just replyed to me email (I sent it at the same time as this post)explaining the set screw. The forum was correct-the set screw when tightnened down, locks the rotor cover so it can not be unscrewed and the rotor stolen.

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 5:58pm

Rainbird 5004 rotor set screw-Purpose????

I just bought a set of Rainbird's 5004 plus series rotors )part circle). Half of the shipment came as plastic and the other half was stainless steel-guess the supplier gave me the free upgrade. Anyway-the stainless rotors have a 1 inch long set screw screwed into the rotor's collar (the one you turn to take the rotor out if it's body). This setscrew is threaded in vertical. I can not figure out what the setscrew is for as it is not shown on any Rainbird literature. The plastic rotors just have a...

Saturday, September 2nd 2006, 12:50pm

Hunter Remote and Wirelsss Sensor-A GREAT CHOICE

Just installed a Hunter Pro-C with a SRR remote and a Wireless rain sensor. My controller is in a concrete walled basement and my house is aluminum siding/brick. I do have a basement window near the controller. Both the wireless rain sensor and the SRR remote work as advertised-at least 400 ft, despite the basement location and concrete walls. I think the trick was installing the receivers and their antennae near the basement window. The SRR remote even worked in the front yard, where as the bas...