You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Friday, October 27th 2006, 12:05pm

Author: rachel1997

Uneven spray pattern on Rainbird nozzle

I have to crank down the water pressure a fair amount to not water the sidewalk and the street with the 8's (more with a rainbird 8 than a Hunter , but that seems better than the other 6's I have tried. The hunter 8' have a flat trajectory, and the rainbird 8' have a slight trajectory. Rainbird told me it is 10 degrees, but it seems like more. I found a product on the internet called a "littlevalve" which is supposed to reduce the radius of spray heads, but keep the same pattern as when the head...

Tuesday, October 24th 2006, 10:54am

I checked with HIT, and they do make a 6' nozzle, but it has a "flat" spray. I ordered a few of those to test.

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 10:20pm

Mr. Fixit. I am watering a 6' strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street. The radius of the 5' was ok, because the heads are a few inches in. Hunter makes a 6', but it is not adjustable at it was watering about a foot or so of the sidewalk and the street. I read that to water strips of grass, it is better to use half circles than the "strip" pattern nozzles. I'll wait to see what you have. I also might try 8', and crank down the radius. Thanks.

Monday, October 23rd 2006, 7:12pm

I have about 10 rainbird nozzles, 5', half circle. Some are on the 1800 pop-up, and some on hunter pro spray pop-ups. On all of them the spray pattern is uneven. On some places the water comes out strong, and other places on the nozzle there is barely any water coming out. I tried everything Rainbird tech support suggested. I flushed out the pop-ups again, I took the nozzles off and cleaned them, I turned the water pressure up and down, and nothing fixed the problem. Is that just how these work?

Friday, October 6th 2006, 6:37am

rainbird dual head

Thanks. Home depot (at least the one near me) now sells the 1800's.

Thursday, October 5th 2006, 8:47pm

rainbird dual head

Yes, the 1200 series are the ones I was asking about. Which are the rainbird undercut nozzles? Do you mean the dual head spray nozzel?

Thursday, October 5th 2006, 5:41pm

rainbird dual head

I searched the forums and could not find any comments about the rainbird "dual head" spray heads. Anyone using these?

Thursday, September 14th 2006, 6:53pm

4 inch pop-up head spray height

I read a lot about the differences between hunter, toro and rainbird pop-up spray head, and saw all three. One thing that I have not seen mentioned is that Toro 4 inch popups are higher than rainbird or hunter. This seems to be one advantage, if needed, to Toro's that are not mentioned here.