You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

Friday, November 10th 2006, 11:14am

Author: kgr

Hose bib

I'm sure you are all getting tired of hearing from people who want to hook their sprinkler systems from their hose bib. But my question is: I can get 11 GPM out of my hose bib in my front yard. I have a 5/8 meter in my front yard. A 3/4 inch copper pipe enters my basement and the bib is tied off of that with only 2' of 1/2 copper. Am I going to be that much better off if I make a new poc of the 3/4 and then pipe it outside or will the 11 GPM hose bib work in this case. I do not have a pressure r...

Thursday, October 26th 2006, 8:52am

meter connection

Thanks for the responses. I am certain that my meter is 5/8 and my supply line comming off of the meter and into my basement is 3/4'. Flow test showed 12 gallons per min at hose bib and I have 50 psi (static). I guess what this boils down to is do I want to hear water running through my basement pipes at 3:00am while sleeping when the sprikler system would be running. Or dig down 3 feet and tie into my meter outside and avoid any in-house noise issues.

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 12:24pm

meter connection

I live in a area where the water meter (5/ is in front yard about 35' from house and winters get below freezing. I know the correct way to tie in would be dig a hole next to meter and t off from their. I really don't want to dig a huge hole next to my meter. Would it be possible to t off after the 3/4" copper line entered my basement and bump it up to 1" travel about 40 feet across my basement to the side of my house, go through outside wall and connect bfp ect,ect. This would save alot of hassl...

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 12:11pm

Rotor Selection

Thanks wet boots

Monday, October 16th 2006, 12:21pm

Rotor Selection

Sorry for such a dumb question. I guess I was just wondering if one had a better spray distribution then the other.

Friday, October 13th 2006, 2:18pm

noisy water meter

Thanks, I will them a call.

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 7:40pm

noisy water meter

Let me get this straight. A thumping water meter is not normal and my city water company will come out and replace it after I call them and complain?

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 6:01pm

MP Rotors

I was also wondering for a new install what type of sprinkler body do I buy to attach the MP Rotator nozzles. From my understanding they are only sold as nozzles and do not come with the "body".

Wednesday, October 11th 2006, 5:26pm

noisy water meter

I was just wodering if it is normal for my water meter to be thumping while sprinklers are running? Is there any solution to fix this issue?

Wednesday, October 11th 2006, 4:56pm

MP Rotors

Where can I purchase the MP Rotors from? If these are so awsome for small area applications such as 30 feet and less why is it so difficult to purchase these?

Saturday, October 7th 2006, 4:38am

Rotor Selection

Hi everyone. I was wondering why sprinklerwarehouse does not carry K-Rain Rotors. If you had to choose from a Rainbird 5000, a Hunter I-20, or a K-Rain Pro Plus which one of these three would you choose and why? I currently have a K-Rain Pro Plus hooked to a short garden hose and it seems to work good but then again I have never tried the other two. Any help is greatly appreciated.