You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-13 of 13.

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 4:01am

Author: JohnnyG101

which backflow do I choose

The idiot who owned my home before me got a custom system designed by Rainbird and did the instllation himself. Well, I bought the house and couldnt find the back flow, turns out he never installed one. I got all the plans that rainbird had sent him and even they had no mention of ANY back flow devices. I called my city and one is required. Save yourself the headcahe and just do it right!

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 3:52am

low voltage lighting

In the homes I have owned in the past I have always used a standard GFI outlet found outside. Never had any issues.

Saturday, June 2nd 2007, 11:29am

Can I add a new head like this?

I shouldn't have an issue but if I do i will just move that 1 head.

Saturday, June 2nd 2007, 3:38am

Can I add a new head like this?

I am hoping to add another head to one of my zones but I am not sure if the way I want to add it is proper or not. Please see the 2 links below. the before shows how the zone is setup now. The after shows how I would like to add the new head. Thanks for the advice. Please excure the lack of detail in the pics, I did them quickly in MS paint http://flickr.com/photos/8639294@N04/526088892/ http://flickr.com/photos/8639294@N04/526088894/ I guess my question is can I Conitnue to add another head by...

Wednesday, October 18th 2006, 12:23pm

Need a reccomendation

The zones have no more then 4 heads and most have 3. Will the pressure loss be that noticable?

Tuesday, October 17th 2006, 2:51pm

Need a reccomendation

I spoke to the city again, and the RPZ is REQUIRED. And has to be installed by a licensed professional. So I guess am I out of luck doing this myself. I am hearing conflicting accounts on the pressure loss after this is installed. Some say 10-15 and other say no more then 7. Well which is it? The idiot only used 3/4" PVC as well. Im so screwed.

Sunday, October 15th 2006, 8:11am

Need a reccomendation

Thanks for the info. I am probably going to install this in the spring. The previous owner never installed any drains so without the backflow or drains, I have no clue how I am going to winterize this thing. I was told the 3 years the other guy lived here, he never winterized....

Thursday, October 12th 2006, 7:01am

R-50 not set properly

Well isnt it going to rotate way to slow if there is a 1.5 nozzle on it and the basket is set to 3.0? I placed the one I pulled yesterday back in the ground and have everything back at 1.5 and it rotates much quicker now.

Wednesday, October 11th 2006, 3:07pm

R-50 not set properly

I bought a home that has a bunch of R50's installed. I pulled out unit from the system and noticed that the dummy did NOT set the basket setting (the dial on the bottom of the unit) to the correct nozzel he was using. The nozzel is a 1.5 and the basket was set to 3.0 What are the issues associated with this? I am sure most of them are wrong but if its not a big deal i will not pull them out. Thanks

Tuesday, October 10th 2006, 12:56pm

Need a reccomendation

The height is no issue at all. Also, it doesnt look like the dude installed a drain valve either. This is needed no? How else could I drain the main line before it hits any valves right?

Tuesday, October 10th 2006, 10:53am

Need a reccomendation

I was told that all I needed was an RPZ. Can anyone make a reccomendation on which to get?

Tuesday, October 10th 2006, 8:08am

Need a reccomendation

Thanks....I am hoping I do not need the Anti-Siphon Valves.

Tuesday, October 10th 2006, 5:30am

Need a reccomendation

I purchased a home recently and the idiot who installed the system did not install any type if back flow prevention. He did it all himself and used all inline valves (14 of them)going into 4 valve boxes. Do I need to replace the inline valves with Automatic Anti-Siphon Valves such as a DAS/ASVF-075? or can I just install something on the line before it hits any of the valve boxes? Thanks