Search results 1-9 of 9.

Sunday, April 15th 2007, 7:13am

Author: silvercvic

working with poly

KY jelly work wonders!

Monday, December 4th 2006, 7:40pm

working with poly

Well, instead of the blowtorch, after cutting, I slightly reshaped the oval pipe to a round pipe with a wrapped up channel lock, put the barb in, and tapped with a rubber mallet. Works great!

Friday, December 1st 2006, 9:12am

working with poly

Thanks for the Ky jelly part. The straighten part is because the pipes I got are really wound up, getting to fit in the S bends I dug is a PITA

Friday, December 1st 2006, 4:36am

working with poly

I purchased a 100' roll of 1" poly, is there a method to straighten the pipe? Also to fit it on a barb, is there an easy approach to this, after struggling for 15min and some WD40, I manage to get it on, but man was that a workout, luckily I didn't have the barb installed in the ground yet

Monday, November 20th 2006, 8:38am

poly pipes question

well I am going from 3/4" PVC to 15' 1/2" poly to sprinkler head....wanted to know if the head is going to lose a lot of pressure

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 10:57am

sprinkler differences

What is the difference between sprinkler sprays vs sprinklers rotors? I bought the 4" pop-up rainbird 1800 series, are they any good to throw about 25' 360 degrees?

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 10:56am

poly pipes question

I was wondering if there is a limit on how long a poly line should be run, rather than dig across 20 ft of grass, is it possible to use poly over PVC? Also, would it be possible to run PVC -to- poly -to- PVC?

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 10:55am

master control valve; several questions

What is the purpose of the master control valve besides it shutting down the entire sprinkler system? I've read in a book its not needed but a great insurance for conserving water. I just confused because it mentioned was an automatic valve, at first, then a gate valve later (but not the main shutoff). Does it have a place to be wired in a controller (Hunter Pro-C)? Does open each time a zone valve is open? What happens if a zone valve opens and the main control doesn't? i'm at the point in my i...

Thursday, November 2nd 2006, 10:53am

ran out of wire

I have 6 strand wire buried underground, but ran short about 50', do they sell connectors for outdoor underground wires, so that it prevents moisture or corrosion? Can I get some quick ones at a local box store; Lowes or HD?