You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-15 of 15.

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 10:17am

Author: hbcsc153

Hunter PGP Not Rotating

Wet_Boots: Would it be covered by the warrenty, as I purchased it about a year ago? Thanks, Emil Quoted from "Wet_Boots" Buy a new one.

Monday, April 28th 2008, 2:10pm

Hunter PGP Not Rotating

Hello! I have 1 PGP (out of the 6 that I purchased about a year ago) that has stopped rotating. I can rotate it fine by hand. I did take the top off, and the body out to see if there is any abvious problem inside, but nothing. Any advice? It should be under warrenty, right? Thanks in advance, Regards, Emil

Saturday, March 17th 2007, 11:14pm

Backflow Device Recommendatation

Hi Wet_boots! Thanks for the response. My area is pretty flat. We may in the future irrigate an area that is about a foot higher than the present anti-siphon valves. Raising it higher is an option, but the valves are in the middle as it is, and raising it makes it pretty unsightly. I assume that the manual anti-siphon valve that is upstream of the 6 anti-siphon valves with the auto actuators is useless, right? Downstream of 2 (out of the 6) valves, I have PGP's that you recommended. Should I jus...

Saturday, March 17th 2007, 12:53pm

Backflow Device Recommendatation

****o! Here is my existing setup. I have line from the water mainline first goes to the front lawn that has 2 Champion brass anti-siphon valves with automatic actuators, and both these lines go to pop-up sprinklers. The water line continues to the back lawn to a Champion brass manual anti-siphon valve and that line splits into 6 zones that have 6 Champion brass anti-siphon valves with automatic actuators. I am not sure what the city requires (LADWP). We may end up with sprinklers that are higher...

Saturday, January 27th 2007, 3:02pm

Pro Impact Rotor Recommendation

Hi Wet_Boots! They gave me the adapter to convert the PGP from 3/4 to 1/2, and then use the funny pipe. My concern is whether it is restrictive to use the funny pipe, or it is not an issue. Regards, Emil

Saturday, January 27th 2007, 6:07am

SprinklerGuy: Thanks! The irrigation place gave me a Rainbird 1/2" 1/2" 12" swing assembly to use with the PGP's. Thoughts? I have 3/4" PVC running all over. Regards, Emil

Friday, January 26th 2007, 8:24pm

Is using "funny pipe" okay with the PGP's?

Saturday, January 20th 2007, 9:36am

Hi Wet_Boots! The old system had 3 zones for the 6 pop-up sprinklers. If I can manage with one zone, that will leave me the other 2 with the anti-siphon valves, etc. to water the areas that are not presently covered. I may have read it wrong. I assumed that with 50 PSI with the 5 nozzel it is 2 gpm, so my total for the 6 PGP's should be 12 GPM. As you mentioned 4 will be 90 degrees, and 2 will be 180 degrees. Thoughts? Emil

Saturday, January 20th 2007, 5:27am

Greetings! As I am modifying an existing sprinkler system would it be okay to put 6 PGP's on one zone? My house PSI of 80, and I am told that my working preasure is 55 PSI, and I get about 18 GPM and using the number 5 nozzle, it is about 2 GPM per PGP. So, is it a bad idea? Regards, Emil

Friday, January 19th 2007, 1:34am

Hi Wet_Boots! Thanks for the confirmation. I am pretty happy with the performance of the 2 PGP's that I have put in. Will put in the other 4 as time permits. The rectangle is clear of any trees, but we do have a playset in the middle. As the PGP coverage is pretty good, I am not too worried about the playset. Regards, Emil

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 11:57am

Hi Tom! Would you say that 9 PGP's would be for 55' by 40' area? My original estimate of the space was wrong. At the moment I am thinking that this is temporary till we decide on the final landscaping. Regards, Emil

Tuesday, January 16th 2007, 7:27am

Hi SprinklerGuy! Thanks for the tip. I did check their price out, and it was very good. The website says $9.28, and as I was experimenting and was planning to swap out just 2 which were in one zone to see how that perform. When I called the local distributor they said it was about $14 to $15 each. My thought was as it is a couple only I will buy local and online order the rest. When I went there they gave it to me 11.83 (plus tax), and they were pretty helpful. As my orders are small, the shippi...

Saturday, January 13th 2007, 7:41pm

Thanks Wet_Boots! I remeasured the area as I was guessing before. Anyway, it is more like 55' by 40'. I am assumeing that the 6 PGP's is still valid. I went to the local Hunter distributor, and they gave me a pretty good price on the PGP's, and other pipes that I needed. Purchased only 2 PGP's to start, and will get the rest as I go along. Regards, Emil

Thursday, January 11th 2007, 12:44am

Greetings! I have an existing sprinkler system that is about 30 years old. We are planning to do some landscaping in the next couple of years and after that put a updated (and better designed) sprinkler system. Want to put a temporary solution in place to better water the lawn. It is about 60' x 50', and has 6 sprinklers (full circle, pop-up) in 3 zones, which has pretty poor coverage. I requested a design from Orbit, and they recommend 6 Impact Rotors along the edge in 2 zones. Is there better ...