You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

Tuesday, March 27th 2007, 2:47pm

Author: fcovin

timer control replacement

It is an Imperial RIVT 6 station...output 24 V AC 60 cycles transformer capacity 50 VA fuse 3amp whatever any of this means.

Tuesday, March 27th 2007, 2:07pm

the old timer was installed in 1959...I have no idea if anyone could repair...a real antique.

Tuesday, March 27th 2007, 12:51pm

Wet Boots...would the Hunter that is rated at 1 AMP possibly work

Tuesday, March 27th 2007, 11:59am

I recently replaced my old mechanical timer with a Toro ECXTRA...all zones work except one which was working fine before the replacement. My system is very old and a sprinkler technican that came out to inspect said that the Toro timer did not produce enough amperage to open up some of the older solenoids. Any thoughts and if I should replace the Toro and if so, any recommendations, ie, are there units that have more. I notice that the Toro has a .3 amp output and that a Hunter has a 1. amp outp...

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 11:59am

Imperial Control Valves/solenoids

The valves are threaded but it looks like that you would have to release the solder to allow the threaded end to turn, ie, it would have to turn on the pipe to allow unthreading. If i try to unsolder because of water in the line, i don't think that the solder will ever release

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 7:22am

Imperial Control Valves/solenoids

I recently installed a new control timer (the old mechanical one finally bit the dust)...2 zones work fine...2 do not. i have tested the wiring to the 2 that are not working and i am getting 24v. I assume that these 2 old Imperial solenoids are not working...can these be replaced, ie, are there any parts still available? the valves are soldered inline (1 1/2" line) and would be quite difficult to get off. is there a way to repair the solenoid. I cannot think why 2 are not working and 2 are? One ...