You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Saturday, April 21st 2007, 7:08pm

Author: Rosedoc

Backflow/Antisiphon Questions

Thanks HooKooDooKu for your help. I think that's what I'll end up doing--install the Rainbird Basket Filter, then the DC valve, then my zone valves. That ought to cover it. My thanks once again to you, Wet Boots, Tom and HooKooDooKu for your sage advice. It's much appreciated by me and, obviously, by so many of the other folks posting on this site.

Saturday, April 21st 2007, 12:14pm

Thanks, Tom, for your response. There is no air gap between the pipe feeding the tank and the tank itself. I neglected to mention that this tank on top of the hill feeds an extensive system of hydrants and I'm just tapping off of the hydrant supply line closest to where I need this new irrigation system. In other words, there is no dedicated line from tank directly to the new irrigation system. So the supply line to the new irrigation system will always be charged. . . . or am I misunderstanding...

Saturday, April 21st 2007, 10:24am

I have a non-potable water supply system totally separate from my potable domestic system and contamination of the irrigation supply system is not an issue. The water in the irrigation system is not real clean since it originates from a stream. It is pumped to a holding tank approximately 400' elevation gain and gravity fed to my irrigation system. I get 15 gpm and 40 psi at my zone boxes. Question #1: Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of not installing backflow or antisiphon devices on my ne...

Friday, April 20th 2007, 8:21am

Clogged Xeri-sprayer Heads--Every Cycle

Thanks for your response, Wet Boots. Can you shed any light on the problem I'm having with the bark mulch jamming up the Xeri-sprinkler heads? Do you think that's a result of a lack of an anti-siphon apparatus? But if so, how do you think the bark mulch finds its way into the system? The Xeri-sprinkler heads aren't down in the bark mulch--only the tubing, so what gives? Thanks for any additional info you can provide!

Friday, April 20th 2007, 6:22am

Clogged Xeri-sprayer Heads--Every Cycle

I installed a small drip system using 1/2" to 1/4" tubing, burying it under bark mulch to hide the tubing. The problem is that every time I turn the "system" on, the spray heads are filled with bark mulch pieces! I've checked for leaks and there aren't any. When I want to use that drip system, I just attach the 1/2" to the hydrant. There is no type of anti-siphon aparatus and I'm wondering if it's possible for those bits of bark mulch to get sucked in through any of the 1/2" or 1/4" connections....

Saturday, March 31st 2007, 4:38pm

Irrigating Rose beds

Thanks to all you fine folks who responded to my post. One other question: Have any of you had experience with the Hunter PCB (or PCN) bubbler nozzles? They claim on the Sprinkler Warehouse website that these nozzles are "the perfect alternative to drip . . . ." and that they "offer(s) all the precision of drip, but none of the maintenance hassles." Has anyone tried these nozzles? Thanks again!

Friday, March 30th 2007, 10:30am

Irrigating Rose beds

Can anyone recommend a good way to irrigate a rose bed that's about 4' deep (front to back) and 30' long, keeping in mind that I don't want to get the structure behind the rose bed wet nor the foliage on the rose bushes (I know--picky, picky.) I've tried Rainbird's bubblers but they put out too much gpm and when I've reduced the gpm to about the right rate, the water just runs down the riser. I've also tried drip irrigation (which would be great), but the maintenance on it is ridiculous and impo...