You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

Thursday, May 3rd 2007, 8:55am

Author: boo

opinion of replacing valves for a galvanize pipe

Can someone tell me if its worth the trouble switching out some old brass valves on an all galvanized pipe sprinkler system with new hunter srv valves. My friend wants to make the his system automatic. I know galv. pipe corrodes and scales on the inside and I would think it would plug the diaphram on the new valves. Your opinions would be appreciated. By the way the system is 42 yrs old.

Sunday, April 22nd 2007, 8:46pm

conduit

Is it necessary to install conduit pipe around the 7-strand wire that's inside the house. Have seen some with and some without. Also what type of conduit do you guys install the oustside of the house, alumminum or gray pvc?

Wednesday, April 11th 2007, 5:57am

Rust resistant handle replacements

I am replacing my current sprinkler system. The old dcv handles rusted and broke off. Are there brass replacements for these units. I'd like to replace the one on my new dcv before installing.

Tuesday, April 10th 2007, 10:46pm

Reliable control valves

Sorry for the post, I found info on these two valves from a previous post.

Tuesday, April 10th 2007, 10:44pm

Reliable control valves

I'm looking at using Hunter PGV or SRV valves. Have these been reliable valves? Is there another model that you recommend.

Tuesday, April 10th 2007, 10:35pm

PVC Spa Flex Hose

What is your experience with this hose? I planned on using 1/2" for risers.

Tuesday, April 10th 2007, 10:31pm

Educate me on use of a flow control

Just thought that most strip heads are 4x15 pattern. Dont you have to have head to head coverage?

Monday, April 9th 2007, 7:28pm

The reason I ask is I am planning on using some sprays on a 7'X65' strip. I was told anything under 12' radius would mist badly. So I'm trying to find out if I can use 12' sprays and reduce radius with flow control on valve? I have 53 psi and plan on running 10-12gpm per zone.

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 9:52pm

PVC cutters

How the heck do you guys get a square cut with these things? Is it important to get a square cut?

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 9:46pm

How to design to a well.

Can someone please tell me what is the easiest way to figure out what is the best flow and pressure to design to for a well base irrigation system.

Thursday, April 5th 2007, 9:40pm

Can someone please tell me what a flow control is for? I know it reduces water flow, but does it reduce pressure?