You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 6:08pm

Author: ponders

Recommended controller for home drip system

You ask a good question. It starts from always having been taught to water long/deep vs. frequently/shallow. Growing up we had water turns every 8 days or so that lasted something like 14 hours. So everything got watered on that schedule, and I guess I'm taking the same principles even further. Since you asked the question I've done a little research and it looks like I should be determining how long the water really needs to be on so that I'm watering enough, but not over-watering. This documen...

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 3:47pm

How would I make that work if I have three zones (valves)? Thanks, + Ponders:

Saturday, April 21st 2007, 2:47pm

I finally added an inexpensive controller to a drip system I've been piecing together as we've added shrubs and trees over the past few years. However, it's maximum run time per station is only four hours. I'd prefer to run each station longer. While I was running the stations manually it wasn't uncommon for me to let them run 24 or even more hours. My question is: are there controllers that are designed for this kind of running time, and if so what's the best way to find and compare? Thanks, + ...