You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Wednesday, February 12th 2003, 4:42am

Author: Roofer

Hunter ICV valves

One last question. I asked for ICVs. However when I looked in the valve boxes, I don't see a model name anywhere. How can I verify that ICVs got installed? Thanks again, Roofer

Friday, January 17th 2003, 3:51am

Hunter ICV valves

Thanks RVLI, I searched the forum but didn't find anything that describes how to replace the solenoid. It looks like it just screws in, but I assume it will also have to be rewired. I hope I don't have to replace the whole valve when the solenoid goes bad.

Wednesday, January 15th 2003, 2:13am

Hunter ICV valves

I just had a system put in with Hunter ICV valves. After the job, the foreman told me the Hunter valves often have to have their solenoids replaced. I have a few questions about that. Is this true? How often does it typically happen? Can I do anything to lessen it? How hard is it to replace solenoids and how long does it take? Thanks in advance, Roofer

Wednesday, December 4th 2002, 2:59am

System installation and tree damage

What experience does anyone have with system installation and tree damage. I assume that it would be best if lines and heads didn't get installed within the dripline of a tree, but that will be hard to avoid. Also how far should a rotor be from the trunk of a tree to avoid damaging the trunk? Thanks, Roofer

Wednesday, November 20th 2002, 12:59am

Too many zones?

Is this too many zones? I'm considering a proposed system with 24 zones. 45 rotors, 17 turf sprays, 44 shrub sprays. I've got low pressure (68psi at faucet), and they've suggested a .75 hp pump. My lot is over .75 ac. Sort of U shaped (with the left side curving out wider) with the house in the middle. The straight part (top of U) is about 240 ft long. The radius to the bottom of the U is almost 100 feet. I've got almost 500 ft of street frontage. Shortest distance from street to house is 50-60 ...

Saturday, November 16th 2002, 2:24pm

Valve Boxes?

I'm going to get a system installed, and I keep hearing contradictory things on valve boxes. One guy said he'd install multiple valves in a 10" round, because the rectangular ones wouldn't support the weight of me and my lawn tractor. What size valve boxes won't support approximately 1000 lbs of man and tractor? Thanx, Roofer

Saturday, November 9th 2002, 1:37pm

Depth of install?

How deep should an installation be? I live in St. Louis, and I've had people tell me anywhere from 6" to 18". I realize the top of the valve boxes will be at grade, as will the tops of the heads, but how deep should the pipe be? Thanx, Roofer

Saturday, November 9th 2002, 6:45am

Which would you pick, Hunter or Toro?

After all the bids I've received, I'm down to two. Both are one-brand only (for whatever reason the mixed brand bids were a whole lot more expensive). I like these two companies because friends recommended them and the salesmen were knowledgeable and very helpful. The Toro bid is from a big company, the Hunter from a small company. Toro bid is about $500 more. Each bid has 100+ heads. Which would you pick? Hunter ICC Controller (22 zones) I20 Rotors Pro-Series Sprays ICV Valves RainClik SRR Remo...