You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Tuesday, May 8th 2007, 7:26am

Author: chules

Design Pressure & GPM

I have to say I am not too confident in the pro's that I have had come to my home. They priced out and designed a system without even reading the pressure at my home. From everything I have read on this forum and irrigation tutorials I have not seen anything warranting professional installation. The simple truth is that it is relatively easy to install PVC, Poly, rotors, etc. The hard part is having the knowledge to make it all work correctly. The only reason I checked the pressure myself is tha...

Tuesday, May 8th 2007, 3:08am

Design Pressure & GPM

I have not heard from the town and checked the static pressure again at 35 psi. At this point I will call the town again and most likely not install an irrigation system and sod. I'll go with seed, nature & a garden hose. I appreciate all your response. Thank you

Monday, May 7th 2007, 10:02pm

Design Pressure & GPM

I have been looking at the Davey HS series pump and it looks like it may work for my situation. The following is a link that shows the pump as well as recomended connection to municipal water. http://www.daveyusa.com/hsinfo.html. Does anyone have any experience with this pump? What is your opinion on the connection diagram? Thank you for all the help

Thursday, May 3rd 2007, 11:59am

Design Pressure & GPM

The water department came by and verified my pressure reading 35 psi static. They are looking into the low pressure as they have on record my location as having 70PSI. In any case, my lot is not large (I do not have my plan on hand) and is less than 3/4 of an acre including my house, deck, driveway and stonework. Not much on the lawn and beds. I came across the Davey HS series pressure pumps and they do mention irrigation and boosting town (metered) psi. I am concerened about water contamination...

Thursday, May 3rd 2007, 7:00am

Design Pressure & GPM

I just called the town water department. Pressure in our town ranges anywhere from 35-90psi. I do live on a hill and that may be the cause of the reduced pressure. A new supply line from the street to my home is aproximately 40 feet in length. The water department mentioned that even doing this may not increase the pressure and only increase the volume. They are sending someone to my home to measure the pressure again. I may be that I simply can not install an irrigation system at my home

Thursday, May 3rd 2007, 2:50am

Design Pressure & GPM

I am located in Livingston NJ. The water meter is located in the crawl space with closet access. I do not see a pressure reducer anywhere in my home. The house is nearly 60 years old with and old water meter & gate valve. Also, we have completely removed our old landscaping so if a new line or meter needs to be installed I guess the time is now. If I were to install a pressure boosting pump would the installation of a reduced pressure backflow preventer eliminate the drawing in of contamination....

Wednesday, May 2nd 2007, 5:41pm

Design Pressure & GPM

I purchased a Toro PSI/Flow meter and made sure that all water usage was turned off. I have a 3/4 main line from the street and a 5/8 meter. I measured from a 1/2 hose bin a few feet off a T at the meter. The following are my measurements from the Toro gauge 35 PSI Static With the gauge fully open ( water running and 0 psi ) 8GPM Measured 5.5 GPM at 20PSI From what I have read this is very low. Any suggestions for increasing these numbers? Thank you

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 5:05pm

Hunter Design Services

Does anyone know if Hunter has a design service like Rainbird? I am researching designs by reading this forum and tutorials but would like to use an additional service. Thank you[?]