You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Friday, July 6th 2007, 3:51am

Author: familyguy

pipe size

My neighbor had his system just installed and I noticed they used 1" pvc all throughout the system. To the valves as well as to the heads with a 1/2 inch transition to connect the heads. Like me, he has well and septic system. They ran a 3/4" copper to the outside from where the whole system is 1" PVC. I have 1" PVC from well pump to the pressure tank, from here it's 3/4" to the house. I imagine his is same since it's the same house type, etc. I'm getting 40 psi at the tank with about 8 gpm. Wil...

Monday, May 7th 2007, 5:12am

Initial hookup

Thanks for the advice so far guys, so then it's OK to connect a 1" pipe to my existing 3/4" AFTER the pressure tank? No isues with pressure dropping or anything like that? I did not do the "bucket test", but measured in PSI at the front spigot-came to 40psi when full open. Working through some of the Design Capacity charts(Hunter), I should be right around 8gpm and 30psi working pressure. So let me know if this sounds right: Cut into my existing 3/4" after pressure tank with 1" PVC and run it ou...

Friday, May 4th 2007, 8:35am

Initial hookup

I have a well and septic system. I have a 1" PVC coming into my basement into a pressure tank from where it's converted to 3/4" and goes up to house plumbing. Question: Do I just continue to use a new 3/4" main line outside and install backflow preventer, valves etc... or do I install a 1" main line (about 30'to 40')just after the pressure tank where it is 3/4", run it outside, install backflow then valves (which I noticed most are 1")and then run my 3/4" lateral pipes? I would assume the 2nd op...