You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 11:32am

Author: Roger Stover

Remote pumps

I tried X10 - they say they have no product that would do what I want. They referred me to homeautomation.com - but that is just a referral service to home security contractors.

Tuesday, June 16th 2009, 11:09am

Remote pumps

We have a growing grounds where the well is 300' from our house. Occasionally for one reason or another a pipe breaks, often in the middle of the night. And then we lose up to 10,000 gallons of water. I have thought of connecting an alarm or radio in our house in line with the pumps so that when they start up I hear the alarm or hear the radio and know that if it lasts too long or goes off unexpectedly I could go and see what the problem is. But since I would have to run a 600' power line from t...

Monday, October 15th 2007, 6:27am

Use electrical conduit for irrigation

I understand a professional like yourself would not use electrical conduit for irrigation piping. And I understand it is not rated for water pressure. And I understand that standard white pvc is not rated for sun exposure. But I have standard white pvc which we have used in our nursery fully exposed to Southern California sun for 15 years with no problem. So I wonder how many, if any people have actually used uv-proof electrical conduit for exposed low pressure water lines from valves to drip li...

Monday, October 15th 2007, 5:01am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jimmyburg</i> <br />are you talking about for sleaving? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> no - using for piping from the valves leading to drip hoses

Sunday, October 14th 2007, 10:27pm

Is it possible to use electrical conduit for residential water irrigation systems? The electrical conduit has the advantage of being sun resistant and cheaper than the white pvc piping. Also it looks nicer than the white piping when exposed in a garden. Code compliance is not an issue because the systems I install are built in a rural location and never inspected.

Monday, May 28th 2007, 12:17pm

PC Control - is there anyone out there?

The Irritrol PC system has not worked out for us at all. First it wouldn't power up the outdoor controller. So the owner returned it to them and they replaced it with another. But the new one would not make the valves operate. And Irritrol said, after many phone calls to experts at their corporate headquarters that they have no idea why it wouldn't work. So we are going to abandon the idea of computer control and go back to a standard 120 volt control box on the wall.

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 2:10pm

Is anybody on this list willing to compare the Irritrol PC system with the Hunter Remote Control System? Or is there any other Remote Control or PC Control system available? And please keep in mind that the Irritrol system is capable of controlling the site lighting as well as the water valves.

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 2:05pm

Hunter battery-operated controllers

Has anybody but myself found programming these controllers almost impossible to understand? Or at least - not intuitive? So I'm a beginner, but when I call the irrigation supplies people where I buy these units and ask them if they understand the units they say yes - then I ask specific questions and I find they really probly have never attempted to program the unit I am talking about. And the booklet that comes with them is just as confusing if not more confusing than the unit itself. The easie...

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 1:47pm

Champion valve problem

I just installed a "3/4" anti-siphon body less union Champion RO/05/002" valve. It is connected to a DIG one-station battery-powered controller and a DIG solenoid. I have a filter and PRV inline installed just before the valve. When I turn on the water, either with the little flipper on the solenoid or with the controller - water bubbles forcefully out of the top of the second riser (not the one with the solenoid) but does not proceed on into the drip system piping. What am I doing wrong?

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 1:32pm

We just tried it on one customer - a very computer oriented guy. He is very happy and enthusiastic about the product. Now I am thinking of getting one for myself. We have a nursery. The only problem I see with it right now is that they don't yet offer controllers for outdoors - only indoors locations. But our customer insisted on mounting it outside under an eave of his house. I wish somebody would invent a computer operated program which could control wireless valves - boy would that simplify i...