You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

Thursday, August 2nd 2007, 9:24am

Author: macminn

leaking head

One of our zones doesn't seem to shut completely. After it cycles, it continues to leak water until the system shuts off. Is this a valve problem? I haven't replaced one before, pretty easy? It's a Rainbird system.

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 12:24pm

Missing zone

I replaced my old Rainbird controller with a Hunter Pro C. I think I'm really going to like this unit. I have 7 zones, and for some reason only 6 show up when I toggle through them to program. How can I track down this problem?

Monday, June 11th 2007, 5:43pm

Zone not showing up on Controller

I have a 7-zone system, just replaced an antique Rainbird with a new Hunter Pro C that I bought from this site. Easy install, except only 6 zones show up when I go to program it. I added two modules, could the module be bad? Just guessing

Wednesday, May 23rd 2007, 9:17am

One zone not working

Ok, sounds like I need to track down the solenoid. The wife is OK with the one zone not working for now since it's not a highly needed area. Here's my question. I will be getting my new controller order from sprinklerwarehouse.com in the next few days. Will I hurt anything if I wire the new one in and the #6 zone is bad?

Wednesday, May 23rd 2007, 9:09am

Valve replacement

I need to replace a valve, a Rainbird system, about 12 - 15 years old. Do I need to use a Rainbird again? Is there much difference in valves, features, etc? Thanks in advance.

Saturday, May 19th 2007, 5:08am

One zone not working

I'm new to this sprinkler system thing, can you help me track down the solenoid?

Friday, May 18th 2007, 5:05pm

One zone not working

I have an older Rainbird 7bi controller. It's mounted downstairs, when we finished off our basement I unhooked the controller. Just unhooked the wire module, nothing else. Now it's springtime, and I hooked the module back up. I turned the system on, and one of the zones, zone 6 of 7 doesn't turn on. It actually blew the fuse. Any ideas?

Friday, May 18th 2007, 4:24am

Replace Controller

Yes, It's a RC-7B1. My wife wants more bells and whistles. We have watering restrictions she wants to program. I figure it's worth the $100 to keep the misses happy <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jmduke7</i> <br />It is a simple job, but I would not recommend the Hunter Pro-c over the controller you presently have. You listed the model number as a C-71, but I am thinking you meant R...

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 7:27pm

Replace Controller

We have an old controller, Rainbird C-71, I believe, totally mechanical, that I'd like to replace. We finished our lowere level where the controller was, so had to disconnect it, and now makes sense to move it out to the garage. Thanks to the information here, I think I'll go with the Hunter Pro C controller. I have 7 zones, so I ran thermostat wire (I'm cheap), didn't have to go outside with it, into the garage. Since thermo wire is 5-strand, I ran 2 lengths of it. I didn't install the original...