You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

Sunday, February 4th 2007, 1:50pm

Author: fairplay

Controller with Remote Control

Does anyone have any recommendation , based on experience , for a controller with a remote control device ?

Tuesday, January 30th 2007, 3:07pm

Imperial Valet Timer Replacement

According to Rainbird's technical department they are discontinuing their electromechanical timers . They believe their outdoor all electronic timers , properly grounded , will survive in a lighting prone area and that is why they are discontinuing the electromechanical timers. I fortunately do not have Imperial valve solenoids , but your idea does have some merit . Thanks

Tuesday, January 30th 2007, 7:37am

Thanks for the advice . It seems that the Rainbird series of electromechanical timers is discontinued , but they are still in the market place . I will probably go with the RC-C series ; since , they have a bigger transformer for the valve operation . The Imperial Valet Timer had a 40VA transformer , which is a monster by today's standard . The RC-Bi series would only support 14VA and my solenid requires 11.5VA . I have learned that you need a least 50% margin when you deal with most things . Th...

Tuesday, January 30th 2007, 4:39am

The large station dial doesn't turn automatically , sometimes . I think one of the motors is bad .

Monday, January 29th 2007, 1:01pm

I was wondering if the RC-1260Bi Rain Bird Controller would be a good replacement for the Imperial Valet Timer ? I have an 11 station timer and live in an area prong to lighting strikes . I was wondering if anyone still repairs the Imperial Timer ?

Sunday, January 28th 2007, 8:59am

Disassembly of I-20 Sprinkler Head

You were right about the gear . There are very small gears inside the unit . I can see why they use a ultrasonic process to assemble the head assembly , because you would never be able to align and keep the gears in place without it , unless you used machined stainless screws , but this would cause the sprinkler heads to be about $200 a piece and not make much sense in todays competitive market place .I used a PVC cutter to slice the unit in 5 sections to see how it worked . I 'm always amazed a...

Sunday, January 28th 2007, 4:47am

Thanks for the explanation on how Hunter assemblies the I-20 . I will stop figuring out how to take it apart .The spring is not broken . The normal way to show a parts list is to picture those parts that are replaceable as individual items or assemblies and give only those a part number . I 'm still curious on what I broke and will now mechanically force it open . Thanks again for you knowledge and explanation .

Saturday, January 27th 2007, 7:51pm

Thanks for the response . Can the spring be replaced ;since , it is shown as a separate part on their parts list . If it can be replaced , how do you take it off and then put a new one on the rotor assembly .

Saturday, January 27th 2007, 3:34pm

Does anyone know how to disassembly a I-20 down to the gears . I broke something in the upper rotor part and removed the rubber cover to see what it was , but there is still a lot to come off , before you can get inside of the head . I have replaced the head and just wondered if the head can be taken completly apart or do I just mechanically force it open .

Sunday, January 21st 2007, 7:30am

Safe-T-Lawn and West Ag Rotor Heads

Your probably right , but it never hurts to keep looking . West Ag sold them under their name for several years , but their distributor group could not find any left in stock anywhere .

Saturday, January 20th 2007, 11:26am

Thank you for the suggestion . I already have some swing pipe assemblies made , but I would even buy some old Safe-T-Lawn rotor heads taken out of the ground , if someone is putting in a newer system .

Saturday, January 20th 2007, 5:58am

Does anyone know where you could buy some of these discontinued heads ? There are no direct replacements made today that are just 4" in height .

Saturday, June 22nd 2002, 2:12pm

Replacement for Imperial Valet Timer

I was wondering what mechanical 11 station timer is available to replace my Imperial Valet Timer with or can you still get parts for the Imperial Valet Timer . I have periodic lighting surges that short out normal electronic timers in my area .

Monday, June 17th 2002, 12:41pm

Over spray control

Spray control to me means keeping it off the concrete , when the wind picks up speed and the arc is to high .

Monday, June 17th 2002, 8:04am

Over spray control

Which of the following series of rotors gives you the best spray control :Rain Bird 5000 ;Toro V-1550 ;Hunter I-20 ;Nelson Pro 6000 .

Sunday, June 16th 2002, 6:02am

Safe T Lawn and Richdel

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Rotors I cannot help you with, but you should be able to find The vaqlves....the new part number is R-205.......bonnet is compatible with old body....I would gut the new and put the new guts on the old body......good luck! BTW you should be able to find the 205 valves on SWarehouse right? Sprinkler Solutions, Inc. Arizona and Colorado www.sprinklersolutions.net <hr height=1 noshade id...

Saturday, June 8th 2002, 1:16pm

Safe T Lawn and Richdel

Does anyone know where there could be old stocks of either brand . I'm looking for some AP2 rotors and 1" R204 electric valves .

Sunday, February 10th 2002, 9:01am

Safe-T-Lawn rotors

I would like to find some subject rotors in used condition ; otherwise , I have to retrench in rock to use any of the newer rotors .The subject rotors closed are only 4.5 " in height . Any suggestions .