You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Wednesday, June 13th 2007, 3:54am

Author: RichardTB

5 zones and 3 valves?? am I crazy?

The same problem I had- 6 zones but I could only find one box with 4 valves. My first box is set in the the ground with the top cover about 2" below ground so I figured the same might be true for the second box. If both of your 'missing' zones are in the backyard I would begin there and probe the ground with a gutter nail. When you hit the box,most are heavy plastic, they make a hollow sound. Look for the box close to the house first. If this doesn't work and your electrically inclined you can b...

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 11:15am

205 Valve/Solenoid Puzzle

Thanks to all for your help. It turned out to be a pinched nipple. I had assembled the Irritrol in the Richdel body and not CAREFULLY engaged the nipple into the reciprocating orifice. It turns out that I have two more zones under a foot of dirt somewhere so it appears my education will continue. Thanks again.

Saturday, June 2nd 2007, 10:38am

I just topped it replacing the guts and solenoid. Thanks.

Saturday, June 2nd 2007, 9:39am

I replaced the whole bonnet including the solenoid. If its a pinched nipple would this be solved with an extra washer? What is your suggestion? How do we unpinch it? Thanks?

Friday, June 1st 2007, 11:27am

My irrigation system has a 4 zone box below grade. The valves are Richdel 205s. Valve 3 was working at very low pressure. Opening the bleed screw fixed the problem temporarily. Once this was done pressure was fine until it cycled and then it would need to be bled again. Reading some of the posts it seemed that it might be either the valve or the solonoid, so I replaced both with an Irritrol 205 with flow control. The result is that now I get zero pressure but again it will go to good pressure on...