You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

Wednesday, June 20th 2007, 7:09pm

Author: tinyman

RPZ Backflow devices

I live just outside of Anchorage, Alaska. Since Sprinkler systems aren't very prevelant here I don't think there are any regulations on backflow but I will check. I do need an RPZ model since all of my heads will be well above the preventer.

Wednesday, June 20th 2007, 7:06pm

New System

I have 1" copper with no meter. There is a pressure regulator that is set to 70 psi and a 1/2" hose bib off the line right after the regulator which is where I checked the flow. It filled the 5 gallon bucket in 16 seconds which if my calculations are right is somewhere close to 20 gpm. Since this is more flow then the poly can handle do I need a flow control before the poly to regulate that as well or do the control valves handle that?

Saturday, June 16th 2007, 10:35am

Wireless Controllers

Thanks for the info, the only thing is when I search Hunter WRC it gives me the wireless rain-clik. Does this system also handle the controller scheduling or is it only a rain sensor?

Saturday, June 16th 2007, 9:42am

Wireless Controllers

My main considerations for in the crawl space are cold (I live in Alaska) and access. One of my former careers (when I was a lot younger) was maintenance man at a mobile home park that had a large sprinkler system around the clubhouse. Now I'm a rather big guy (6'6 & 350) and climbing down on hands and knees to get in a small box with barely enough room to manuever does'nt really appeal to me nowadays. I do have sewer access close to where I planned to install the valves so I can set up a drain ...

Friday, June 15th 2007, 11:55pm

RPZ Backflow devices

I noticed that Febco is the only brand of RPZ that SprinklerWarehouse sells. Is there another brand sold that is better or are these okay preventers? Thanks.

Friday, June 15th 2007, 11:30pm

Wireless Controllers

I am installing a new system with the valves in the crawl space of my house. I was wondering if there is a wireless sprinkler controller, that is reliable, that I can place in my garage and control the operation of the sprinklers with, without going down into my crawl space everytime I want to adjust my watering periods. Thanks for your help

Friday, June 15th 2007, 12:15pm

New System

I am installing a new system myself. I live in Alaska and there are very few irrigation proffessionals up here so I'm winging it on my own. My first topic is for drip line irrigaton, will 3/4" poly work for supply line if I have under 20 emmitters running off it? Any reccomendations for brands of emmitters, connectors, etc.? Is it better to use multiple connectors for small areas with 3 or 4 shrubs to water or do the single connector with multiple outlets work okay? My PSI is 65-70, do I need to...