You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

Wednesday, June 27th 2007, 7:53am

Author: Dr.Pressure

Designing mainline for cold-climate winterization

Thank you for the response Wet Boots. Your explanation about ‘use point’ makes a lot of sense. ‘Use point’ was my term for a possible point where one could hook up a fitting and supply something with water off the pressured mainline. I can see that the testcocks on the backflow devices would be analogous to a capped nipple. The second meter is going to be in a curbside meter pit. However, I think my problem is solved. In talking with the water company again today, they said when I call them to d...

Tuesday, June 26th 2007, 7:01pm

Thanks HooKooDooKu. It seems that if the isolation valve were not closed, one would get 50-60 PSIG water in their face when the cap was removed[:p] After surfing a bit more, another option I have come across is to install a stop and waste ball valve after the meter connection in a valve box. This option would also conventiently allow one to run the section of line downstream of the stop and waste valve above the frost line. However, it does appear that some municipalities have disallowed the use...

Tuesday, June 26th 2007, 5:46pm

Hi, sprinkler system design newbie here. I was ecstatic to find out that the water company in my community will install a second water meter for free to supply my irrigation system. However, my question is how to design for winterization of the mainline from the downstream side of the new water meter up to the side of the house (to be buried below frost line ~36" deep) where my PVB backflow device will be installed above ground. The tutorial at www.irrigationtutorials.com indicates that a manual...