Search results 1-20 of 376.

Wednesday, October 17th 2007, 8:14am

Author: drpete3

gpm in pipe vs gpm in nozzles

So if you have only 11 gpm then you can only use 3 of the #8 nozzles. =10.5 gpm

Tuesday, September 25th 2007, 5:48am

Sprinkler Head Rotates into the street

It is very simple. Start that zone. turn the top of the head away from the street. It will click. after a few clicks turn ity back toward the street and see if you have gone far enough. If not then repeat step a. Let me know if you still need help. Such as if your neighbor turned the dial on the riser part of the head.

Monday, August 27th 2007, 7:23am

New type of sprinkler shown on the Today show?

Just a gimmic. But I am mad that I wont make the milloins that this guy is from his invention.

Monday, August 20th 2007, 5:21am

Help

Are the other valves closed. Check them to be sure. My first question is, is it the pump or is it the system?

Monday, August 20th 2007, 5:20am

connecting new system to existing well

To keep this simple...replicate what was done when yours was connected. What are your concerns? How many GPM can your well produce? How much distance will you need to run to get to her property?

Tuesday, August 14th 2007, 8:41am

I-20's Won't Pop Up!

Its very easy youll see. I t wil all stay together the springs wont pop out.

Thursday, August 9th 2007, 3:36am

Changeout one zone at a time?

I agree with wet boots. you can make it work. pressure, gpm and all that stuff will be OK with pgps youll just have to play with the nozzles to get it right. Unless you know your pressure and gpm that your well can give you. If so Ill tell you exactly the nozzles to use. Again I would suggest either hunter pgp or weather matic heads that SW carries. The advantage to the weathermatics is easier adjustment. But they are new to me but becoming my favorite. Time will tell

Thursday, August 9th 2007, 3:29am

I-20's Won't Pop Up!

My guess is that sand may be getting into the wiper seal. Try this. dig around a head about half way down and unscrew the riser from the body. youll now see the spring etc... thats inside of your head. run the head under some water while pushing the head up and down to clear the sand from the seal. Next put the head back together and run that zone to see if your head works. if so then Ill bet this is happening on the other heads too. your heads may be set too deep and sand is clogging the seal. ...

Monday, August 6th 2007, 5:23am

leaking head

It aould be the valve that is not closing. do you know where your valves are? Pretty easy fix. find your valves and get the make and model number and SW wiil have the stuff you need to fix it.

Monday, August 6th 2007, 5:21am

Kwik-seal saddle T

yes. But it seems the professionals on this site dont encourage drains. Just FYI. I havwe not used drains but dont see them as a negative. My advise would be to still winterize your system at the end of the year.

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 4:58am

Black vs. white PVC

It wont fail if you are 8 or more inches under the ground. Pvc will be fine too but just be sure to blow out the system for the winter. I do agree if you think youll dive over an area it should be deeper. the reason i like poly over pvc fro the majority of a system is if for some reason it were to move...heaving of the ground driving over it etc poly is more flexible and will move but pvc can crack. dont get me wrong many systems are 100 percent pvc and are fine.

Tuesday, July 24th 2007, 4:52am

Black vs. white PVC

I wouldnt suggest going that deep due to mainenance. If you ar that deep it will be harded to work on in the future. Just go 8 inches and make sure you blow out the system before winter. I would suggest using 100 psi poly for your situation. but it is up to you.

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 5:28am

Black vs. white PVC

the black pipe is called poly pipe and it works very well in climate that freeze but it is not recommended for the main line ie before the valse due to the constant pressure unless you use 160 psi poly. I use 90percent poly.

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 3:39am

?????

What is this well pipe made of? poly?pvc?copper?other?

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 3:36am

Pressures

The answer is no to all of the above. What are you trying to figure out? Your pressure has to do with your source of water and how many allons per min it will rpoduce and the pressure at that point. Are you trying to figure how mwny heads per zone?

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 3:33am

sprinkler calculations

Have we answered your questions?

Friday, July 20th 2007, 5:27am

Hunter I-20 - Head wont popup

Ill bet you have snad keeping it from popping up. dig around the head half way to the bottom. Unscrew the head from the body. I am not talking about unscrewing the head from the supply line. Unscrew the top and pull the head out. Youll now see the spring you were referring to. go to your nearset water source and push the head up and down while under the water and youll clear the debris from the seal. Next put you sprinkler back and turn it on. VIOLA it sould be fixed. My description may sound cm...

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 5:58am

sprinkler calculations

70 gpm! are you sure? IS this a well used for farming? one inch poly should not get more than 18 gpm. It has to do with velocity. So If your numbers are correct I would change your main lines to 1.5 inch and laterals should be 1 inch.

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 5:53am

compressor for wintering

I use my little pancake compressor (probably 3 cfm)and it has worked fine for years. My system is about 1.5 acres and I live where it gets -30F. You dont need a compressor like the one you are looking for.

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 4:53am

weathermatic rotors = GREAT

Who has used weather matic rotors? I recently ran into some and I really like them. They are so much easier to adjust comparred to PGP's. Most rotors stop at a certain point when turned to the left and to change that point they have to be unscrewed and put back together. Not these if you dont like wheree it stops then you just turn the head a little and its done. the adjustment from 90 to 180 or 270 to 360 or anywhere inbetween doesnt need any tools either. it had a smmall colar just under the n...