You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

Friday, August 3rd 2007, 4:16am

Author: wiredup

wiring: positive negative specified

Ahhh, makes sense! This evening I'll need to troubleshoot. Another question: when a zone is turned on, is the valve powered for a brief period to "open" the valve or is it continually powered? (If the former, this is going to be fun!) Thanks again!

Friday, August 3rd 2007, 12:18am

wiring: positive negative specified

Hi team, I've installed my sprinkler system; it's now online and working, however last night I tried to get the computer to turn on the valves to no avail. I recalled while wiring up the system to items: 1. is there a designated positive & negative for the valves? 2. do I have to use a common ground across all of the valves or can I have a designated negative for each? Thanks in advance, Jason

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 1:36am

How to configure Nelson rotor / initial install?

Hi team, I purchased Nelson rotors and am not sure how to setup the direction correctly. I know that the top of the head has adjustments for degrees in the arc, however how do I determine the "stop" position...? For example, the rotor turns from 1 to 360 degrees alternating back and forth (not a continuous circle). How do I find the "stop" and correlate it to the edge of my lawn so that I can "add" the appropriate degrees for coverage? (I hope all of that makes sense) Jason

Thursday, July 26th 2007, 2:20pm

Black vs. white PVC

Thank all for your comments. I think I'll go 18-24 inches; we'll see how the trenching goes tomorrow. I'll try to post pictures. The ground is hard as nails. I just dug one of the valve box holes and it took me an hour! Thanks again team!

Wednesday, July 25th 2007, 1:33pm

Black vs. white PVC

Thanks Pete--the only thing I'd say is the Leesburg Water Authority said recommended the depth at 2". He said some of the irrigation system don't put them in deep enough and the systems fail within two years. Do you attribute that to a failure to winterize the system? I guess the next question I'd have is: does PVC fail when it freezes despite being clear of water?

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 12:14pm

Black vs. white PVC

Thanks folks--I do happen to be in place where it freezes (Northern Virginia), however I intend to install everything well below the freeze line (12")--I'll go 24".

Sunday, July 22nd 2007, 1:12pm

Black vs. white PVC

Hi fellow sprinkler go'ers, I have designed and prepared to install my sprinkler system this coming weekend; however, when I was in Lowe's purchasing PVC fittings for the installation, the plumber (who claims 19 years of experience) stated that white PVC breaks down in the ground. He stated it takes around 10 years for it to break down. And, just to push the envelope a little more, my wife who was in charge of marketing at a landscape company said she always saw gray or black piping at the insta...